CBS 2 - Search Results
USHL: Black Hawks Release 2014/15 Schedule
WATERLOO, Iowa -- The countdown to 2014/15 Waterloo Black Hawks hockey officially began on Tuesday with the release of the United States Hockey League schedule.
The defending Anderson Cup champion Black Hawks will spend the first night of the new campaign on home ice hosting the Fargo Force on Friday, September 26th. During the opening night matchup, the organization will commemorate last winter’s regular season title, the second Anderson Cup claimed by the Hawks during an eight-year span.
“For Waterloo hockey fans and our organization, last season’s record-setting effort whetted our appetites for 2014/15,” said Black Hawks Vice President of Business Operations Mike Falk. “The Black Hawks would like to thank everyone involved with this year’s highly-efficient scheduling process at both the league office and from other member clubs. Being able to announce game dates for the coming season at this time provides fans across the USHL a valuable opportunity to make plans far in advance.
With the exception of traditional Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve contests, all Waterloo home games during 2014/15 will be played on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Home games at Young Arena will begin at 7:05 p.m., except for Sunday contests which are slated for 3:05 p.m. Dates and times are subject to change; for the latest information, please visit waterlooblackhawks.com.
Besides the opening game on September 26th, other home highlights include:
- Early-season tilts with both the Dubuque Fighting Saints and Cedar Rapids RoughRiders on home ice. The Fighting Saints visit Waterloo for the first time on Friday, October 3rd, then the RoughRiders come to town Friday, October 17th.
- The Hawks will host one game apiece against the league’s newest teams, the Madison Capitols and the Bloomington Thunder, on Friday, November 11th and Saturday, March 28th respectively.
- Cedar Rapids returns on Thursday, November 27th for Thanksgiving.
- For the third consecutive year and fourth time since 2008, Waterloo hosts the Lincoln Stars on New Year’s Eve. This winter, December 31st will be a Wednesday.
- The Muskegon Lumberjacks provide the home opposition during Valentine’s Day Weekend on Friday, February 14th. Waterloo will visit Cedar Rapids the following evening.
- 2014/15 will conclude with home games against Cedar Rapids and Dubuque on April 10th and 11th. The games cap a season-ending five-game homestand.
Season tickets for 2014-2015 assure a discount every time the Black Hawks take the ice. For more information, contact the Hawks by calling (319) 232-3444. Individual game tickets will go on sale in at a later date, to be determined. To view the complete schedule, please see the accompanying document.