CBS 2 - Search Results
Cedar Rapids House Total Loss After Fire
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Cedar Rapids Fire Crews responded to the 550 block of 10th Street Southwest after a passer-by called in the fire just before 2 o'clock.
No one was inside the house at the time of the fire and no one was hurt.
Crews do say there was extensive damage to the home and are calling it a total loss.
Fire investigators say the cause was unintentional. They say a hamper full of towels used to wipe down cabinets caught fire. The home owner had used Linseed oil, which is prone to spontaneous heating.
The Fire Department wants to remind everyone to make sure to read the labels on all cleaning products before using or disposing of them.