CBS 2 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Four Alarm Fire at Chrome Horse Saloon

CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Fire crews spent hours Wednesday morning working to put out a blaze at the Chrome Horse Saloon.
The Battalion Chief from the Cedar Rapids Fire Department says crews were called around 1:30am to the NewBo area business.
When firefighters got there, they say the first two floors of building on 3rd street and 12th avenue SE had flames and smoke coming out.
As of 4:00 Wednesday morning the fire was under control, however fire fighters were still actively chasing hot spots throughout the building.
The Battalion Chief of CRFD said it was "pretty intense" and at the height of the fire, he said every firefighter on duty was called to help out.
The two challenges firefighters faced were the large size of the building as well as the wind.
Video surveillance footage from the kitchen area of Chrome Horse and Saloon shows the dangers of spontaneous heating of rags and towels that likely contained animal fats. The fire was unintentional. The Fire Department is appreciative of the owner's cooperation in allowing us to use this video to educate the public on the dangers of spontaneous heating. Oily towels or rags should be placed in a metal container with a lid. Be sure to read warning labels on any products that you use to clean surfaces. Use care when laundering greasy or oily aprons or towels to ensure that they are properly cooled.
The good news is that no one has reported injuries.

CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Right now, fire crews are on scene of a fire at Chrome Horse Saloon at 1202 3rd Street SE.  Crews were called around 1am Wednesday on reports of smoke and flames.
Crews broke out windows and sprayed water into the building while venting smoke. They have been working for hours putting out hotspots across the building.
An employee of Chrome Horse says the fire may have started near the men's bathroom but that has not been confirmed by emergency crews.
We have a crew on scene. Stay with CBS 2 for updates as they come in.
Advertise with us!
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:

Washington Times