CBS 2 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

5-Year-Olds Blamed for Fire

ZWINGLE, IA(AP) -- A fire that destroyed an eastern Iowa barn was apparently caused by twin 5-year-olds who were curious about fire.
The Friday afternoon fire near Zwingle destroyed an old barn and damaged another nearby barn as well as other out buildings.
LaMotte Fire Chief Joe Kilburg says the property was being rented. Two 5-year-old children of the renter apparently started the fire by using a cigarette lighter to burn twine in the barn.
Kilburg says the children had received fire prevention training in school and "were apparently curious."
The children escaped unharmed. The names of those involved weren't released.
A business on the property, Mike's Antiques, wasn't damaged.
Zwingle is about 15 miles south of Dubuque.

Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
 
 
Advertise with us!
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:

Washington Times

Sponsored content