CBS 2 - Search Results
Grinnell Students Exposed to Sewer Gases
GRINNELL (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
Approximately 40 students and one teacher from Grinnell-Newburg High School were taken to Grinnell Regional Medical Center on Thursday, October 17th for headaches, dizziness, and nausea. after exposure to sewer line gases.
Treatment included oxygen and lab work in some cases. All have been released.
Health officials believe the symptoms came from a crack in the sewer line at the school, which exposed the students and teachers to gas.
The Grinnell Fire Department and staff with the City of Grinnell discovered and repaired the line.
All high school students and teachers were sent home for the day as a precautionary measure.
City personnel continue to work with school officials to smoke the sewer system and check for any other leaks.