- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
- Mount Mercy Univ. Sees Record Enrollment
- Time Capsule to Remain Sealed
- Iowa City Tastes Local Restaurants
- Veggie Bus Stocks Up Wellington Heights
- Tuna Settlement Reached
- "Something to Smile About"
- Farm Profits Projected to Fall in 2015
- CRPD Looking for Theft Suspect
- Bowfishing Complaints
- VA TV Crew Shot & Killed During Live Report
- Stocks Rebound After Losing Streak
- Holmes Formally Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Clinton Rolls out Rural Proposals in IA
- Black Hawk Rejects Industrial Turbines
- Clovis joins Trump Campaign
- Totenberg Speaks at UI
- First UI Presidential Candidate Revealed
- Vilsack Endorses Clinton
- Memorial Controversy in Knoxville
- UI Faculty Concerned About Search
- Odd Thefts Reported at Fair
- UI Student Reports Incident
- 10 Years Later: Katrina's Direct Hit
- China Looking for Possible Stock Crimes
Woman Gets Big Surprise When She Saves Stranded Bicyclist
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 01:54 PM CDT
HERSHEY, PA (CBS21) - A local Dave Matthews fan was on her way to his concert on Saturday when the craziest thing happened.
She actually ran into the super star and helped get him to the show on time."So, we saw him on the other side of the road and we pulled my car in here. And he picks up his bike and throws it up here".
Emily Kraus and her boyfriend were on their way to see him perform in Hershey when they spotted him on the side of Boathouse Road, stranded.Dave Matthews needed help. He didn't have a cell phone and his bicycle broke down.
"He says I've never seen a bike rack like this before, so Joe walks over and he's helping him put it on and I'm standing here and I'm holding his helmet" Kraus said.
The super star got in their car and they got him to his concert on time. "So we didn't know how to make conversation with him in fact, so we were talking about his tour and where he had come from. He had just been in Cincinnati and he said I'm taking a short break after this one because I have to drop my daughters off at camp and he was just a very humble guy" Kraus tells CBS 21.
Dave Matthews was so grateful, he invited Emily and her boyfriend to dinner. "We felt out of place. I said I feel like I'm out of place". Then they went back stage and enjoyed the show from the front row.
"I woke up this morning, and I rolled over and I said , okay yeah that really happened yesterday ha ha ha ha! It was surreal we couldn't believe it."
Dave Matthews also signed their tickets saying thanks for the ride.
Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.