- Youth Programs Try to Reach the Masses
- Women Shelter Opening in Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Breakthrough in Iowa Hot Lotto Case
- Voices of Diversity: West Branch HS First Female Football Player
- A Good 'Season' to Join Yoga Studio
- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
Voluntary Evacuations in Black Hawk Co.
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 12:56 PM CDT
DUNKERTON, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Emergency officials in Black Hawk County have ordered voluntary evacuations in parts of the county as heavy rains pushed flood waters even higher.
The first voluntary evacuation was ordered Thursday morning for the downtown area of Dunkerton.
Later in the morning, officials went to as many as 20 homes along Zaneta and Waters Roads near Hudson and asked residents to leave. Emergency officials say only a handful chose to stay.
More rain is in the forecast and that's prompted Black Hawk County to request a disaster declaration from Governor Branstad. No word on when a decision will be made on that request.