- Youth Programs Try to Reach the Masses
- Women Shelter Opening in Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Breakthrough in Iowa Hot Lotto Case
- Voices of Diversity: West Branch HS First Female Football Player
- A Good 'Season' to Join Yoga Studio
- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
UPDATE: Parkersburg Man's Body Recovered From Flooded Vehicle
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 02:23 PM CDT
PARKERSBURG, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities have recovered the body of a man whose vehicle was swept off the road by flood water in northeast Iowa.
The body of 71-year-old Howard Hodson, of Ackley, was taken Wednesday to the state medical examiner's office in Ankeny.
Witnesses told Butler County Sheriff's deputies that Hodson drove his sport utility vehicle into rapidly moving water Monday morning. The car was washed into a creek west of Parkersburg.
Officials say deep swiftly moving water made it too dangerous for divers to reach the SUV immediately after the accident.