- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Quite a Journey for Shellsburg Family Car
- Clinton Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Chrome Horse Conversion Gains Support
- Details of Oregon Gunman's Death Revealed
- Clinton Flexes Muscles to GOP
- Clinton Gun Control Plans
- UI Research Has Worldwide Impact
- New UI President Plans Outreach Events
- House Conservatives Oppose McCarthy
- CR Man Charged After Police Chase
- Back Porch Revival Tickets on Sale Now
- Health Insurance Website Gets Overhaul
- Man Accused Hitting Person with SUV inside Home
- Results from Diversity Focus Survey
- Iowa City Plans to Study Minimum Wage
- DBQ Increasing Street Lights, Cameras
- Putin Spends Birthday With NHL Legends
- Zoo Lawsuit: Lemurs are Stressed
- Woman Hit near Kinnick Dies
- VW Recall to Begin in January
UPDATE: Couple Dead, Man in Custody
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 06:39 PM CST
UPDATE: MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA--The Department of Criminal Investigation has confirmed that the man in custody is Gordon Lasley Jr.
We'll continue to keep you updated any information as it becomes available.
MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A man is in custody following the deaths of a husband and wife on the Meskwaki Settlement. In a statement, tribe officials said the bodies of Gordon Lasley, Sr. and Kim Lasley were found in their home late Wednesday night by Meskwaki Nation Police Officers.
The statement says their investigation led them to a man who is in custody but has not been charged with any crime. Investigators said there is no risk to the public at this time. The tribe would not release any other details about the case.
"The Sac and Fox Tribe is a very close knit community and we are all shocked and saddened by this," said Judith Bender, Tribal Chairwoman. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all of those who are affected by this horrific event."
Sources told KCCI-TV in Des Moines that authorities believe the victim's son may be responsible for the killings. But there has been no confirmation from authorities or any information regarding the identity of the man in custody.
Local authorities are getting help with their investigation from the United States Attorney's Office and the Tama County Attorney.