- What Memorial Day Means To You
- Iowa Renaissance Fest Draws Many
- IC Church Donates Free Fuel
- Veterans Making Holiday Travel Special
- ISIS Advances in Syria
- Oakland Demonstrators Defy Rule
- Protests Turn Violent in Cleveland
- Negotiations Continue on School Funding
- One Killed when Boat Rolls
- Ammonia Tanker Rolls in Cedar Rapids
- Storms Pound Texas
- Some Farmers Upset by Bird Flu Response
- CRPD Steps Up Enforcement
- Edible Forest Planted
- Highland Games Practice Held
- Residents Explore Trails
- Six Charged in Buchanan County
- Residents React To Train Derailment
- Running to Beat Skin Cancer
- Missouri Suspect Shot and Killed
- Feds to Review Cleveland Police Case
- Amphitheatre Opening for Season
- House Damaged After Car Fire
- Train Derails Near Belle Plaine
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
UPDATE: Couple Dead, Man in Custody
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 06:39 PM CST
UPDATE: MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA--The Department of Criminal Investigation has confirmed that the man in custody is Gordon Lasley Jr.
We'll continue to keep you updated any information as it becomes available.
MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A man is in custody following the deaths of a husband and wife on the Meskwaki Settlement. In a statement, tribe officials said the bodies of Gordon Lasley, Sr. and Kim Lasley were found in their home late Wednesday night by Meskwaki Nation Police Officers.
The statement says their investigation led them to a man who is in custody but has not been charged with any crime. Investigators said there is no risk to the public at this time. The tribe would not release any other details about the case.
"The Sac and Fox Tribe is a very close knit community and we are all shocked and saddened by this," said Judith Bender, Tribal Chairwoman. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all of those who are affected by this horrific event."
Sources told KCCI-TV in Des Moines that authorities believe the victim's son may be responsible for the killings. But there has been no confirmation from authorities or any information regarding the identity of the man in custody.
Local authorities are getting help with their investigation from the United States Attorney's Office and the Tama County Attorney.