- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
- The Trick That Helps Old Dogs
- 3 Arrests After Bank Robbery
- Wanted Coralville Lawyer Arrested
- Kitten Abuse Sentencing Set
- Fmr. Teacher Sexual Abuse Trial Set
- U.S. Operation Kills Terror Hostages
UPDATE: Couple Dead, Man in Custody
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 06:39 PM CST
UPDATE: MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA--The Department of Criminal Investigation has confirmed that the man in custody is Gordon Lasley Jr.
We'll continue to keep you updated any information as it becomes available.
MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A man is in custody following the deaths of a husband and wife on the Meskwaki Settlement. In a statement, tribe officials said the bodies of Gordon Lasley, Sr. and Kim Lasley were found in their home late Wednesday night by Meskwaki Nation Police Officers.
The statement says their investigation led them to a man who is in custody but has not been charged with any crime. Investigators said there is no risk to the public at this time. The tribe would not release any other details about the case.
"The Sac and Fox Tribe is a very close knit community and we are all shocked and saddened by this," said Judith Bender, Tribal Chairwoman. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all of those who are affected by this horrific event."
Sources told KCCI-TV in Des Moines that authorities believe the victim's son may be responsible for the killings. But there has been no confirmation from authorities or any information regarding the identity of the man in custody.
Local authorities are getting help with their investigation from the United States Attorney's Office and the Tama County Attorney.