- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Dubuque Police Investigate Death
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
UPDATE: Couple Dead, Man in Custody
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 06:39 PM CST
UPDATE: MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA--The Department of Criminal Investigation has confirmed that the man in custody is Gordon Lasley Jr.
We'll continue to keep you updated any information as it becomes available.
MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A man is in custody following the deaths of a husband and wife on the Meskwaki Settlement. In a statement, tribe officials said the bodies of Gordon Lasley, Sr. and Kim Lasley were found in their home late Wednesday night by Meskwaki Nation Police Officers.
The statement says their investigation led them to a man who is in custody but has not been charged with any crime. Investigators said there is no risk to the public at this time. The tribe would not release any other details about the case.
"The Sac and Fox Tribe is a very close knit community and we are all shocked and saddened by this," said Judith Bender, Tribal Chairwoman. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all of those who are affected by this horrific event."
Sources told KCCI-TV in Des Moines that authorities believe the victim's son may be responsible for the killings. But there has been no confirmation from authorities or any information regarding the identity of the man in custody.
Local authorities are getting help with their investigation from the United States Attorney's Office and the Tama County Attorney.