- Chicago PD Releases Vid of Teen Shot
- Last Minute Holiday Travel Tips
- 14-yo Charged with Voluntary Manslaughter
- Cheap Gas leads to Congested Highways
- E. Coli Linked to Costco Chicken Salad
- ISU Runners Recall Tragedy
- Chicago Officer Charged with Murder
- BeraTek's slow cooker on Rachel Ray
- Unsealed Warrants in Kozak Case
- Traffic Backed Up on I-380 in N. Liberty
- Iowa Gets Probation for Dating Scam
- General Mills Sets Cage-free Egg Deadline
- Obama Promises to Support France
- Best & Worst Holiday Return Policies
- Barca Tops Poll After Beating Real Madrid
- CBS 2 News Red Kettle Competition
- Man Pleads Guilty to Hitting Child
- Judge Discusses Video in Hate Crime Case
- Hy-Vee Recognized for Customer Loyalty
- NBC to Give Free Air Time to Candidates
- Who's Accountable For Refugees?
- Two Iowans Win $1 Million
- Trump Retakes Iowa Lead
- Five Shot Near Minneapolis Protests
- Ten Worst Toys of 2015 Holiday Season
- Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet
- IC District Informs About Liberty High
- HBO Releases Game of Thrones Season 6 Poster
- Family Demands $15M & Apologies Over Clock Arrest
- Park CR Offers Fine Forgiveness
- Special Report: Talking Terror
- Examining Terror Threat Within U.S. Borders
- Gas Prices Decline Ahead of Thanksgiving
- CR Student Is a Scholastic News Reporter
- Worldwide Travel Alert Issued
- 6 Dangerous Apps Kids Hide From Adults
- Branstad Pardons Two Turkeys
- HS Football Championships Streaming Live
- Paul: Legislating Refugees
- Putin in Iran for Talks on Syria
- Dream Center Changing Student's Lives
- Arrest Made in Med Student Shooting
- Walmart Starting Cyber Monday Early
- Fourth Suspect Charged with Terrorism
- Former Kirkwood Presidents Visit
- Increased Reward for Missing IA Man
- U2 Reschedules Paris Concert
- UI Considering Changing ISIS Name
- Former Hawkeye Capitalizing on Enzymes
- Benghazi Committee Accused of Misconduct
UPDATE: Couple Dead, Man in Custody
Updated: Thursday, February 6 2014, 06:39 PM CST
UPDATE: MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA--The Department of Criminal Investigation has confirmed that the man in custody is Gordon Lasley Jr.
We'll continue to keep you updated any information as it becomes available.
MESKWAKI SETTLEMENT, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A man is in custody following the deaths of a husband and wife on the Meskwaki Settlement. In a statement, tribe officials said the bodies of Gordon Lasley, Sr. and Kim Lasley were found in their home late Wednesday night by Meskwaki Nation Police Officers.
The statement says their investigation led them to a man who is in custody but has not been charged with any crime. Investigators said there is no risk to the public at this time. The tribe would not release any other details about the case.
"The Sac and Fox Tribe is a very close knit community and we are all shocked and saddened by this," said Judith Bender, Tribal Chairwoman. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and all of those who are affected by this horrific event."
Sources told KCCI-TV in Des Moines that authorities believe the victim's son may be responsible for the killings. But there has been no confirmation from authorities or any information regarding the identity of the man in custody.
Local authorities are getting help with their investigation from the United States Attorney's Office and the Tama County Attorney.