- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Quite a Journey for Shellsburg Family Car
- Clinton Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Chrome Horse Conversion Gains Support
- Details of Oregon Gunman's Death Revealed
- Clinton Flexes Muscles to GOP
- Clinton Gun Control Plans
- UI Research Has Worldwide Impact
- New UI President Plans Outreach Events
- House Conservatives Oppose McCarthy
- CR Man Charged After Police Chase
- Back Porch Revival Tickets on Sale Now
- Health Insurance Website Gets Overhaul
- Man Accused Hitting Person with SUV inside Home
- Results from Diversity Focus Survey
- Iowa City Plans to Study Minimum Wage
- DBQ Increasing Street Lights, Cameras
- Putin Spends Birthday With NHL Legends
- Zoo Lawsuit: Lemurs are Stressed
UPDATE: Car Fire at Lindale Mall
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Cedar Rapids authorities say a problem with a mini van sparked a multi-vehicle fire at Lindale Mall.
The fire started at about 3:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. When crews responded they found the mini-van and two other vehicles on fire.
The owner of the van says he was pulling into the parking lot when his check engine light came on.
He called 911 when he saw smoke coming out of the van. The driver and his two small children were able to get out safely.
Three other cars were damaged.