- Inmates Practiced Escape Before Breakout
- Macy's Latest to Cut Ties With Trump
- Court Orders Man to Stop Living in Tent
- Area Fireworks Schedule
- U.S. & Cuba to Reopen Embassies
- Combining Wine and Yoga
- Lucky's Open in IC
- Waterloo PPEL Passes, CF School Bond Fails
- City Raffling Off Chance to Taser City Leader
- U.S. and Cuba Open Embassies
- U.S. Markets Higher on Hope for Greece
- OK Court Rules on Ten Commandments
- Scott Walker Leads GOP Field in Iowa
- Corridor Soccer At Fever Pitch USA
- SC AME Church on Fire
- Wildfire Rips Through Washington State
- Greece Defaults on IMF Loan
- 'Love In' Event Draws Community Together
- Disaster Declaration for 18 Iowa Counties
- Red Cedar Lodge Could Be Replaced
- Charges Abroad Only Option for Justice
- Cash Needed if Traveling to Greece
- Siri Gets Snarky
- IC Summer Park Program
- Newest Butter Creation at the Iowa State Fair
- New Laws Take Effect Wednesday
- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
- Leaders Want Radio System Upgrade
- UPDATE: Cedar River Water Rescue
- New Storm Drain Safety Non-Profit Formed
- Jury Rules in Favor of UI Following Mistrial
- Iowa City Home Damaged in Fire
- CNN: Obama Approval Rating Rising
- Controversial CA Vaccine Bill Now Law
- Gov. Christie Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Supreme Court Ruling on Vehicle Search
- New Law Enforcement Academy Director
- Bon Jovi Plays Part in 2016 Races
- Bush Releasing Tax Returns
- Overtime Could be Expanded
- Former ISU Researcher Sentencing
- NY Prison Under Investigation
- Gov. Extends Bird Flu Emergency
- Arrest Made in ISU Student Death
- 4th of July Terror Concerns
- Proposed Ordinance for Vacant Homes
- Diesel Prices Decline
- Before Lighting Your 4th Fireworks
- CA Passes Controversial Vaccine Bill
- UPDATE: Weekend Shootings Connected
UPDATE: 5 Arrested After Chase
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
UPDATE: SOLON, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Five men are in jail after a very scary car chase.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says it all started with a shots fired call in Cedar Rapids and ended with a car crashing into a child's playhouse.
Deputies say, around 7 Wednesday night, they tried to stop a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a shots fired call.
They say the driver of the car wouldn't stop so officers chased them all the way to solon.
The chase ended after the car crashed into someone's yard plowing through a child's play house.
That's when the five men got out of the car and took off running; two neighbors saw the commotion and decided to help.
Tim Moore and Scott Eastwood say the five men threw drugs and a gun down in his yard as they ran across the highway.
During the chase, the deputy who was chasing them fell so Tim and Scott got into a truck and continued to chase the men.
The men were eventually caught when the neighbors confronted them and held them there until back up arrived.
The officer who fell did hurt his shoulder during the chase - he was taken to St. Luke’s.
The five men in the car are all charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
The driver is also charged with several traffic offenses.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Cedar Rapids police responded to a shots
fired call on C St. SW just before 7 PM Wednesday night. Then, the driver of a vehicle allegedly led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in Solon.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says five people were in the car:
20 yr. old Kaven Willie Parks of Cedar Rapids
23 yr. old Aaron Michael Scott of Cedar Rapids
18 yr. old Marcus Dejohn Wallace of Cedar Rapids
27 yr. old Marcus Lamont Long of Cedar Rapids, and
a 15 yr. old male juvenile.
They say Parks was the driver and he faces several traffic offenses. All five were charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
A deputy injured his shoulder during the foot chase and was taken to St. Luke's. No word on his condition.
There appears to be two separate crime scenes in Solon. We will continue to bring you the latest as it become available.