- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
- Activists Block Ship by Hanging Off Bridge
- Fight Night in Cedar Rapids
- Magician Can't Use Doves at State Fair
- Board of Regents Hires COO
- CR Nonprofit Trimming Services
- Proposed Whitewater Park in Waterloo
- Charges Dismissed in Port-a-potty Case
- U.S. Economy Posts "Solid" Growth
- Summer Snow in Wyoming
- 2016 Olympics Have Water Problem
- Drivers Pay for Rough Roads
- Fish-O-Rama Registration Open
- Corridor Unemployment Rate Decreases
- CR Ends Hiring Freeze, Will Hire Officers
- License Plate Readers Approved
- FBI Believes "AK-47 Bandit" Hit Mason City
- Hawkeyes Excited about Improvements
- Debris Similar from Plane to MH370 Found
- Planned Parenthood Funding
- Pell Grant Pilot Program
- IC City High Grad Fatally Shot by Police
- GOP Presses Planned Parenthood Aid Ban
- Bus Puts Brakes on Hunger in Corridor
- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
UI Team Stands Behind Fired Coach
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Field hockey players at the University of Iowa are firing back after their coach was fired earlier this month.
Tracey Griesbaum says she was fired because of false claims that she mistreated and bullied former players.
On Tuesday the team released a statement saying her firing was "unfair and unjust."
Players went on to say that they're now questioning the leadership of the entire athletic department.
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said that an investigation into Griesbaum "did not find conclusive evidence of policy violations" but identified concerns that were consistent with allegations that prompted it.
Associate Head Coach Lisa Cellucci is serving as the interim coach.