- Lawmakers Question Plan to Fight ISIS
- IC Red Week Honors World Aids Day
- Index: Midwest Economy Declines
- Regents Presidents Request More Money
- Bush: American Leadership
- Bush: Fighting an Outsider’s Race
- Nationwide Thermometer Recall
- Anamosa Inmate Accused of Smuggling
- What Defines Terrorism?
- VW Sales Tumble in U.S.
- USPS Holiday Stamps
- Stolen Tortoise Returned
- Save Money Heading to Big 10
- EPA Issues Renewable Fuel Targets
- Sen. Ernst Retires From Military Service
- Chicago Police Superintendent Fired
- Auto Sales Up in November
- District Considering Consolidation
- Blum Spends Most On Mailings
- Appeals Court to Rule on Pistorius
- The Science of Lines: Waiting isn't about Time
- Trial set for Casey Clerk
- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
UI Cancels Summer Music Camps
Updated: Sunday, June 2 2013, 10:18 AM CDT
IOWA CITY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The University of Iowa says summer music camps scheduled to take place June 9-28 have been cancelled because of the current flood threat.
The camps are held each summer by the University of Iowa School of Music. However, many of the buildings were the camps are held were evacuated earlier this week under the threat of flooding from the Iowa River.
The camps included Band and Orchestra Camp June 9-14, Total Percussion and Piano Camp June 16-21 and Jazz Camp June 23-28.
All were scheduled to be held in the Music West and Art Building West, both of which - along with the UI Theatre Building - were closed this past week.
Registered campers who paid in advance, the University says, will receive a full refund.