- Ski Team Hits the Cedar River
- Cedar Boat Club Fireworks
- Sights and Sounds of Jazz Festival
- Palo Man Arrested for Stalking
- Veto Will Hurt Corridor School Budgets
- GoFundMe Created to Help Tornado Victims
- Coralville 4thFest
- Kayakers Rescued From Black Hawk Creek
- IA Man Guilty of Assaulting Officer
- Spring Into Action for Pets this July 4th
- Fancy Food Show: Foods of the Future
- Clinton Planning Eastern Iowa Visits
- LATEST: Thousands Rally in Greece
- IA School Getting Face Lift
- NBA Player Ames Grand Marshal
- Gov. Walker Announcement Coming
- New Trial For IC Man
- More Drugged Drivers on IA Roads
- Jazz Fest Underway in IC
- Lindsey Graham's Thoughts on Joe Biden
- Tanager Place Names New CEO
- Watch Out for Bed Bugs During Your Travels
- Class Action Traffic Cam Suit Thrown Out
- CBJ Report: July 2nd
- ACA Decision Hits the GOP Campaign Trail
- Gay Marriage Hits Campaign Trail
- Branstad Vetoes Funding Deals
- Senator Plans Trade Relations Trip to Cuba
- Tipton Turns 175
- History on the Move in Cedar Rapids
- First Measles Death Since 2003
- Ballplayer Wins Foul Ball Lawsuit
- Bird Flu: Govt. Monitoring Wild Birds
- 2 Your Finances: Greek Financial Crisis
- Branstad Still Mulling Education Bill
- Mall Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Judge Overturns Sexual Assault Conviction
- Church Opposes Chauncey Tower
- Johnson Co. Community ID Delayed
- Catholic Leaders Plea to Candidates
- BP to Pay $18.7B for 2010 Oil Spill
- UPDATE: No Shooting Found at Navy Yard
- POLL: Sanders Gaining Ground on Clinton
- Arrest Made in Baltimore CVS Fire
- DOJ Investigating Airlines
- Man Bit in Shark Attack
- Candidates Swarm to the State
- Celebratory Paddle Event At Cedar Lake
- Fireworks: Not Fun for Everyone
- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.