- Teen Hits Squad Car
- Dog Shot in Waterloo
- Affordable Housing Discussion
- Shooter Rants in Writings About Having No Girlfriend
- 12 Killed in South Carolina Flooding
- Iowa Rep. Miller Won't Seek Re-election
- Snobbiest Cities In Iowa?
- Groups Form to Battle Constant Violence
- Voices of Diversity: DBQ Veteran Uses Art to Manage PTSD
- Name Released in Dubuque Homicide
- Homecoming Celebrated With Corn at UI
- Pumpkin Patch Harvests Community Help
- Police: Badger Fan Punched Teen Hawk Fan
- CONSUMER ALERT: Cheerio Recall
- US, Pacific Rim Countries Reach Trade Deal
- Car Pulled from AL Church's Attic
- Iowa's Largest Insurer Entering ACA Exchange
- Governor on Planned Parenthood
- Branstad: Can't Remove Regents
- New Pi, Backpocket Announce New Brew
- Injuries Reported in Train Derailment
- Branstad Unveils Higher Education Goals
- Violent Acts Rattle Community
- Pumpkins Plentiful Despite Rain
- Arietta Takes Jab at Pirates
- Fourth IC School Blue Zone Certified
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Decorah's Mainstreet
- Fmr ISU Basketball Player Turns Himself in
- Your Solution To Mass Shootings
- Vets THRIVE Needs Sponsors, Volunteers
- UAW Ratifies Agreement with Deere
- Broncos Slip Past Vikings
- Four-Year-Old Killed in ATV Crash
- Branstad's Anti-Bullying Office Raises Questions
- Downtown DM YMCA Goes Down
- Mammoth Recovered in Michigan
- More Crops But Lower Prices
- New Details Released in Oregon Shooting
- Get Out the Vote Event for CR Public Library
- Especially for You Race Sunday
- Clinton Wins Big Labor Union Endorsement
- Search Continues For Ship in Hurricane
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Quick Response From Hospital After Crash
- Obama: Tally Shootings vs. Terrorist Attacks
- Hurricane Joaquin as seen from Space
- College Shooting Victims Identified
- UPDATE: Three Arrested in CR Chase
- Youth Police Academy for CR Students
- CR Store Treasures the Trash
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.