- Mammoth Recovered in Michigan
- More Crops But Lower Prices
- New Details Released in Oregon Shooting
- Get Out the Vote Event for CR Public Library
- Especially for You Race Sunday
- Clinton Wins Big Labor Union Endorsement
- Search Continues For Ship in Hurricane
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Quick Response From Hospital After Crash
- Obama: Tally Shootings vs. Terrorist Attacks
- Hurricane Joaquin as seen from Space
- College Shooting Victims Identified
- UPDATE: Three Arrested in CR Chase
- Youth Police Academy for CR Students
- CR Store Treasures the Trash
- OR Shooter's Weapons Bought Legally
- Fire Strikes Two Fairfax Homes
- Spates Imprisoned for Girl's Death
- U.S. Hiring Slows
- Vatican Distances Pope From Kim Davis
- London Looking for NFL Team
- Calls for Beer Band to Clean Up
- Escaped Boa Costs Owner
- Most Mumps Cases in IA at UI
- School Bus Involved in Crash
- "No Quick Fix" for Criminal Justice System
- One Month To JoCo Wage Increase
- Kasich: Focused on Iowa
- Kasich: A Different Voice in 2016
- CBJ Report: October 1st
- 10 Dead in Oregon Comm. College Shooting
- Robillard Speaks On State Of UI
- Experts Support Secret Juvy Records
- Trump Hotels Hacked
- City Loses Only Grocery Store
- Details of IL Officer Death Released
- Netanyahu Criticizes Iran Deal at UN
- Man and Daughter Save Neighbors from Fire
- IA Couple Sentenced for Enticement
- Slowdown Predicted for Midwest Economy
- Not Guilty Plea Filed in CR Murders
- School Bus Driver Quits During Route
- John Deere and UAW Agree
- Domestic Violence Hotline Taking Calls
- ICPD Coffee With A Cop
- Wheels To Prosper Returns
- 2015 Next Gen. Summit Held In CR
- Youth 100 Plus Project
- Corridor Farmer Grows Unique Popcorn
- Created in the Corridor: Swineguard
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.