- CRPD Investigating Bank Robbery
- Graphic Testimony in Frederiksen Trial
- House Panel OKs Ultrasound/Abortion Bill
- Appeal Filed In 'American Sniper' Case
- Woman Impaled During Car Crash
- Law Would Require Time Off To Caucus
- DOJ Clears Wilson in Michael Brown Killing
- Man Found with Pound of Marijuana in Car
- UI Planning New Power Plant
- Target Plans Major Cuts
- New Police Body Cam Bill Introduced
- Man Charged in UVA Slaying Appears
- Trial for Tsarnaev to Begin Wednesday
- Lawmakers Working on Racial Profiling Bill
- Preserving Fertility After Breast Cancer
- AL Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage
- College Asks for Federal Review
- Gun Bill Moves Forward
- Panel OKs Texting Ban
- Governor Branstad Interview On Issues
- Men Get Jail Time for Meth Lab Fire
- Legislative Efforts for Medical Cannabis
- RAW NEWS: Governor Branstad Interview
- IC Coffee Shop Nationally Recognized
- Building Relations with First Responders
- Marion Alley Art Project Underway
- Testimony Underway in Frederiksen Trial
- Education Funding Debate Continues
- IA Janitor Walks 17.5 Mi to Work
- A Different Kind of Coaching
- First of its kind ADHD Study
- IA School Gives Athletes a Second Chance
- Report on Ferguson Finds Excessive Force
- Name Released in Parking Lot Death
- Clinton Criticized for Email Use
- Uber Not Coming to Iowa City
- Pres. Obama Responds to Netanyahu
- NTSB Reviewing Infamous Plane Crash
- WI Homicide Suspect Captured in Iowa
- Gov. Appoints New Regents Members
- Proposed Medical Marijuana Expansion
- Dr. Ben Carson Explores White House Bid
- Body-Cam Maker's Financial Ties to Police
- Ways to Move More Often
- Jury Could be Finalized in Boston Bomber Trial
- ICFD Loses Training Center
- Iowa Slashes Student Ticket Prices
- Plant Must Pay Harassment Victim's Wages
- Lawmakers to Introduce Gun Permit Bill
- Panel OKs Mental Health Bill
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.