- Martin O'Malley Enters 2016 Race
- CRMA Holds Fundraiser
- Standing up at Oak Ridge
- Why Thursday's Amber Alert was Delayed
- New Exam Room Aimed at Helping Victims
- Non-profit Coming to a Close
- Tentative State Budget Agreement Reached
- Plans for Old State Prison Approved
- Bird Flu State of Emergency Extended
- The Decker Hotel: History for Sale in Maquoketa
- Faulty Takata Air Bag Investigation
- Community Events Need Volunteers
- Proposal to Reduce Ethanol in Gasoline
- Police: Woman Sent Fake Eviction Notices
- Missing Man Found Dead in Iowa City
- Probable Bird Flu Case in Hamilton County
- Zebra Mussels Found
- Suit over IA Juvenile Home Dismissed
- Taste of Vinton Saturday
- WTC Observatory Opens to Public
- New Gas Tax Pumps in Millions
- Rough 2015 Start for U.S. Economy
- Woman Pulled Over by Imposter
- 911 Texting on the Horizon
- Downtown Construction
- A Few Extra Wheels
- UI Rolls out eCare Service
- New Poll Shows GOP Dead Heat
- Deaths Prompt Corridor Father's Action
- CBJ Report: May 28th
- Iowans Help with Flood Recovery
- Former U.S. House Speaker Indicted
- Body Found in Burned Vehicle
- How Obese is Your Home State?
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Bayli Jordan
- Demolition Continues on IC Cottages
- Lawmakers Still at Budget Impasse
- FIFA President: Alleged Corruption Shameful
- 2 Your Finances
- Bulls Fire Coach Thibodeau
- IA Woman Accused of Abusing Wife
- Traffic Deaths Spike
- Lab Ships Live Anthrax
- Crews Extinguish Cedar Co. Fire
- Tracy Morgan Settles with Walmart
- Fight Over Air Freshener Turns Dangerous
- Big 12 Cracking Down on Court Storming
- Local Veteran Gets His Final Wish
- UI Diversity Training Set to Begin in Fall
- Bird Flu Affecting Egg Prices
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.