- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
- Robillard Hopes for Smooth Transition
- Volunteers Clean Wapsi River
- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
- Activists Block Ship by Hanging Off Bridge
State Parks Impacted by Flooding
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:56 AM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Flooding has forced the closure of several Iowa state parks.
The Department of Natural Resources says Tuesday that George Wyth State Park in Black Hawk County will likely be closed through the weekend because of flooding by the Cedar River.
In Webster County, part of Dolliver State Park has closed because of flooding by the Des Moines River.
Officials have closed Walnut Woods State Park because the city of West Des Moines could close an access road due to possible flooding by the Raccoon River.
Near Guthrie Center, Springbrook State Park has closed because of flooding on Springbrook Creek and the Middle Raccoon River.
In the Des Moines area, the Neal Smith Trail along the Des Moines River will likely flood as more water is released from Saylorville Lake.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.