- Trump's threatens to boycott debate
- Waterloo, Cedar Falls Elect New Mayors
- Senate to Vote on Syrian Refugee Program
- JoCo Minimum Wage Increase After One Month
- Toys For Tots Needs Your Help
- Lawmakers Question Plan to Fight ISIS
- IC Red Week Honors World Aids Day
- Index: Midwest Economy Declines
- Regents Presidents Request More Money
- Bush: American Leadership
- Bush: Fighting an Outsider’s Race
- Nationwide Thermometer Recall
- Anamosa Inmate Accused of Smuggling
- What Defines Terrorism?
- VW Sales Tumble in U.S.
- USPS Holiday Stamps
- Stolen Tortoise Returned
- Save Money Heading to Big 10
- EPA Issues Renewable Fuel Targets
- Sen. Ernst Retires From Military Service
- Chicago Police Superintendent Fired
- Auto Sales Up in November
- District Considering Consolidation
- Blum Spends Most On Mailings
- Appeals Court to Rule on Pistorius
- The Science of Lines: Waiting isn't about Time
- Trial set for Casey Clerk
- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
Senate Candidate Coming to CR
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:29 AM CDT
RED OAK, Iowa (AP) -- A Republican candidate for Iowa's U.S. Senate seat is launching her campaign with a six-city tour.
State Sen. Joni Ernst announced last week she would seek the GOP nomination for the Senate seat held for decades by Democrat Tom Harkin, who decided not to seek re-election.
The 43-year-old Ernst will start her initial campaign trip Wednesday morning at the Montgomery County Courthouse in her hometown of Red Oak. She'll continue with stops Wednesday and Thursday in Waukee, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City and Davenport.
Other Republicans seeking the nomination include former U.S. Attorney Matt Whitaker, Sioux City talk show host Sam Clovis, attorney Paul Lunde and David Young, a former aide to Sen. Chuck Grassley.
On the Democratic side U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley is his party's only candidate.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.