- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
- After Dave, What's Next for Late Night?
- Crowded Stage Expected for GOP Debates
- Police Officer Killed in Omaha
- Oil Spill Continues to Spread
- Lawmakers Spar over Education Funding
- RAGBRAI Volunteers Needed in Hiawatha
- Healthcare Experts Discourage Co-Sleeping
- Teen Faces Felony Charges for Stabbing
- CFRD Fight Fire at Paper Mill
- Looking Back at a Late Night Legend
- SPECIAL REPORT: Hope for Maggie
- Building Change to Improve Downtown IC
- CRCSD, Mercy Launch Online Health Record
- Rep. Blum Intends to Keep Campaign Promise
Senate Candidate Coming to CR
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:29 AM CDT
RED OAK, Iowa (AP) -- A Republican candidate for Iowa's U.S. Senate seat is launching her campaign with a six-city tour.
State Sen. Joni Ernst announced last week she would seek the GOP nomination for the Senate seat held for decades by Democrat Tom Harkin, who decided not to seek re-election.
The 43-year-old Ernst will start her initial campaign trip Wednesday morning at the Montgomery County Courthouse in her hometown of Red Oak. She'll continue with stops Wednesday and Thursday in Waukee, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City and Davenport.
Other Republicans seeking the nomination include former U.S. Attorney Matt Whitaker, Sioux City talk show host Sam Clovis, attorney Paul Lunde and David Young, a former aide to Sen. Chuck Grassley.
On the Democratic side U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley is his party's only candidate.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.