- Youth Programs Try to Reach the Masses
- Women Shelter Opening in Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Breakthrough in Iowa Hot Lotto Case
- Voices of Diversity: West Branch HS First Female Football Player
- A Good 'Season' to Join Yoga Studio
- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
Senate Candidate Coming to CR
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:29 AM CDT
RED OAK, Iowa (AP) -- A Republican candidate for Iowa's U.S. Senate seat is launching her campaign with a six-city tour.
State Sen. Joni Ernst announced last week she would seek the GOP nomination for the Senate seat held for decades by Democrat Tom Harkin, who decided not to seek re-election.
The 43-year-old Ernst will start her initial campaign trip Wednesday morning at the Montgomery County Courthouse in her hometown of Red Oak. She'll continue with stops Wednesday and Thursday in Waukee, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City and Davenport.
Other Republicans seeking the nomination include former U.S. Attorney Matt Whitaker, Sioux City talk show host Sam Clovis, attorney Paul Lunde and David Young, a former aide to Sen. Chuck Grassley.
On the Democratic side U.S. Rep. Bruce Braley is his party's only candidate.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.