- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Train Hits Semi in Alburnett
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
- Super PAC Formed for Scott Walker
- AAA Driving Habits Study
Section of Interstate 80 Collapses
Updated: Thursday, October 10 2013, 06:43 PM CDT
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) -- The Iowa Transportation Department expects to reopen eastbound Interstate 80 on Thursday morning.
District 4 engineer Troy Jerman says the pavement patch should be cured and ready for use by 8 a.m.
Jerman says a portion of the interstate shoulder collapsed about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday as workers were installing a pipe under the roadway. They discovered a void that ran under the eastbound lanes, so they were closed to traffic.
Drivers trying to cross from Nebraska into Iowa had been advised to seek other routes on Thursday. They were directed north to the Interstate 680 or south to the Veterans Memorial Bridge in southern Omaha.
Westbound lanes remained in use.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.