- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
Sandbagging into the Night in New Bohemian Neighborhood
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 10:49 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Vendors at NewBo City Market didn't expect flooding so soon after being built.
"It's not if, but when we'll get water," said Teresa Pinkerton, That One Cupcake Place owner.
"I haven't wrapped my head around it. We're just taking it as it comes," Teresa said.
Like the rest of the business owners, she's getting everything she can out now before flood waters rise.
"There may be some water in here," Patrick Rashed said.
Next door, Patrick is racing to save the Caribbean Kitchen.
"We're hoping that it doesn't get as bad as we think it might get," Patrick said.
Outside the market, volunteers like Pam Schneider fill sandbags to sprinkle throughout New Bohemia.
"You just gotta do something, anything," she said. "It's just very upsetting to know they might get flooded again."
Coe College ROTC cadets even stopped by after their training to help.
"Since we live here, it's our job to help out too," cadet Greg Ponder said.
Much like the NewBo community after 2008, these folks know they'll recover from whatever happens.
"We're going to come right back even stronger," Teresa said.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department asks people to stay away from the flood-prone areas if you don't need to be down there. They also ask folks to stay off the bridges over the water.