- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
- Wrapping Up RAGBRAI
- Special Class Reunion for Hayes Elementary
- St. Luke's Receives New Cancer Treatment Tool
- Clinton to Testify About Benghazi
- Couple Celebrates 25th Anniversary of ADA together
- Former Hawkeye Shot at Ohio Home
- One Airlifted to Hospital After Crash
- Trump Bans DSM Register from Event
- Getting Ready for Day 7 of RAGBRAI
- RAGBRAI Riders Helping Butterflies
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Arrest
- Fieldhouse Moving To New Location
- Does This Caterpillar Have a Face?
- Coralville RAGBRAI Rainy Start
- Disability Doesn't Stop RAGBRAI Rider
Russian Delegation Visits UI
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:47 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- Administrators from a top Russian university have been visiting the University of Iowa this week to learn about best practices at an American major research university.
The delegation from the National University of Science and Technology in Moscow arrived in Iowa on Sunday and will leave Saturday.
In a news release Thursday, a Russian official says the group wants to learn about everything from university budgeting practices to student housing. The group has visited the National Advanced Driving Simulator, attended a panel discussion on STEM education with Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds, and visited experts in numerous different campus departments.
The university has been charged by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science to become a top-100 international research university by 2020. Its employees have visited several American universities since 2011.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.