- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
Road Trippin' Museum of Contemporary Art
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
MADISON, WI – (CBS2/FOX28) Some refer to it as Mad Town, Lake City or even the Paris of Wisconsin. Whatever you call it, Madison is only about a three hour drive from The Corridor, but it feels like it’s a World away.
Known for its classic skyline, and prominent view of the glistening white Wisconsin Capitol dome, there’s one more building that’s now gaining iconic status for its architecture. The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art comes to a sharp point at the corner of State Street and North Henry and then its glass walls soar straight to the clouds. Just inside, the open glass staircase almost makes it appear visitors are walking on air as they’re lured to three main galleries.
The moment you walk in the door, your eyes are immediately drawn to one of the most unique works you’ll ever witness. Artist Jason S. Yi is behind Fragile Permanence. From a distance it appears to be snow covered mountains, but as visitors walk closer, they can see the illusion created by a wood frame covered in strips of white tape that fills the gallery wall to wall and floor to ceiling. What’s so unique is Yi is creating art as you watch and he wants you to watch and even ask questions! Imagine interrupting Pollock or van Gogh to ask why they used blue instead of red? It also flies in the face of classic art that is considered ‘suitable for framing,‘ because Yi intends for his creation to be destroyed! Along with dramatic pieces from our own Grant Wood and a collection of thought-provoking sculptures, it’s well worth the three hours in the car and you’ll be asking, are we there yet, for all the right reasons. The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art invites you to come along as we take you ROAD TRIPPIN’ to Madison!