- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Victim Identity Still a Mystery
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
Pop-Up Shop Opens in Cedar Rapids
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 01:14 PM CDT
Cedar Rapids, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
The Enchanted Gift, featuring a variety of accessories for women, has become the first Pop-Up Shop in Downtown Cedar Rapids.
It opened on Aug. 1 at 207 Second Ave. SE (Suite 300). It will stay in that location until September 30th. It's all part of a new program for retailers called "Pop-Up Shops."
The Economic Alliance and private property owners are offering retailers a no-cost short-term lease in a Greater Downtown Cedar Rapids storefront.
The program is aimed at filling high-traffic urban space that has been vacant, provide retailers with the opportunity to explore their business model concept within the Greater Downtown Area; and provide an opportunity to develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces.
Applicants are still being accepted for interested merchants and property owners. In the first round of applications, several food service operators applied, however, there were no property applications that could accommodate food service operations. We are seeking property owners with food service equipment that would be willing to participate in this program.
The type of retailers the program would like to attract include local or regional establishments that feature: gifts, home goods and décor, apparel and accessories, specialty food, books, sporting goods, pet items, art galleries, photo studios, music schools and art/culture related retail items.
Goals of this pilot year include further developing greater downtown as a shopping and tourist destination by attracting additional quality retail establishments, provide a visible greater downtown presence and sales outlet for quality local and regional retail establishments, highlight the available spaces in the greater downtown area and develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces and support existing downtown businesses.
For more information, go to http://www.cedarrapids.org and click on Community Development/Progress.