- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
- Wrapping Up RAGBRAI
- Special Class Reunion for Hayes Elementary
- St. Luke's Receives New Cancer Treatment Tool
- Clinton to Testify About Benghazi
- Couple Celebrates 25th Anniversary of ADA together
- Former Hawkeye Shot at Ohio Home
Police Release Details on Child Drowning Death
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 07:21 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Cedar Rapids police Monday released new details on the drowning death of a five year old boy last Friday night.
Police initially responded to a report of a missing 5 year old in the 300 block of 30th St. Drive SE Friday evening. An immediate search found the boy in Indian Creek.
Police gave the boy CPR and he was taken to a local hospital where he later died.
Monday, police said the five year old boy had special needs and had a love for the water. The investigation found the boy managed to get out of a normally locked door and returned to the area of the creek he enjoyed playing at. He slipped in the muddy banks and fell into the creek which had swollen with flood water, was swept away and drowned.
The parents of the boy say the tragic incident is an important reason parents should talk to their children about water safety - including swimming pools, ponds, creeks and rivers.
CBS 2/FOX 28 has opted not to release the child's name.