- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
Police Officer Sentenced to Three Years Probation
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 05:33 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) --
A Des Moines police lieutenant who pleaded guilty to a mortgage scheme has been sentenced to six month of home confinement and three years of probation.
U.S. District Judge James Gritzner signed a sentencing order Wednesday for Lt. Wade Charles Wojewoda, of Grimes requiring home confinement except for employment and other approved activities.
Wojewoda and three others pleaded guilty in April to charges related to the fraud scheme, which included fraudulent bank documents and inflating home values.
Wojewoda pleaded guilty to receiving proceeds under false pretenses. His wife, Bobbi Jo Wojewoda pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and will be sentenced Aug. 15.
Two others also pleaded guilty to related charges.
Wojewoda's lawyer says his police officer certification will likely be revoked.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.