- Water Quality Project At CR Park
- Man Sentenced For CR Bank Robberies
- Riots Continue in Baltimore
- CR Schools Funding Decisions
- Battling a Violent Trend
- IC Group Coordinating Nepal Relief
- CONSUMER ALERT: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars
- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- NTSB Won't Reopen Buddy Holly Crash
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Prison Problem
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
Police Officer Sentenced to Three Years Probation
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 05:33 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) --
A Des Moines police lieutenant who pleaded guilty to a mortgage scheme has been sentenced to six month of home confinement and three years of probation.
U.S. District Judge James Gritzner signed a sentencing order Wednesday for Lt. Wade Charles Wojewoda, of Grimes requiring home confinement except for employment and other approved activities.
Wojewoda and three others pleaded guilty in April to charges related to the fraud scheme, which included fraudulent bank documents and inflating home values.
Wojewoda pleaded guilty to receiving proceeds under false pretenses. His wife, Bobbi Jo Wojewoda pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and will be sentenced Aug. 15.
Two others also pleaded guilty to related charges.
Wojewoda's lawyer says his police officer certification will likely be revoked.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.