- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
- Robillard Hopes for Smooth Transition
- Volunteers Clean Wapsi River
- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
- Activists Block Ship by Hanging Off Bridge
- Fight Night in Cedar Rapids
- Magician Can't Use Doves at State Fair
- Board of Regents Hires COO
Police Officer Sentenced to Three Years Probation
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 05:33 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) --
A Des Moines police lieutenant who pleaded guilty to a mortgage scheme has been sentenced to six month of home confinement and three years of probation.
U.S. District Judge James Gritzner signed a sentencing order Wednesday for Lt. Wade Charles Wojewoda, of Grimes requiring home confinement except for employment and other approved activities.
Wojewoda and three others pleaded guilty in April to charges related to the fraud scheme, which included fraudulent bank documents and inflating home values.
Wojewoda pleaded guilty to receiving proceeds under false pretenses. His wife, Bobbi Jo Wojewoda pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and will be sentenced Aug. 15.
Two others also pleaded guilty to related charges.
Wojewoda's lawyer says his police officer certification will likely be revoked.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.