- Candidates Swarm to the State
- Celebratory Paddle Event At Cedar Lake
- Fireworks: Not Fun for Everyone
- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
- Horizons, NTS Merge Into One Organization
- FIFA President to Skip World Cup Final
- Schools Starting Fiscal Year Without Budget
- New Housing for Downtown Cedar Rapids
- New Store Helps Revitalize Iowa City
- Fake AIDS Researcher Gets Prison Time
- CRPD Investigating Deposit Bag Robbery
- Corridor Youth On Mission Marathon
- White House Lifts Ban on Photos
- Recreational Pot Now Legal in Oregon
- Feds: SC AME Church Fire Not Arson
- Winner of World Food Prize Announced
- Lawmakers Vow To Protect "Natural Law"
- Clinton Raises more than $45 Million
- Ben Carson Raised More Than $8.3 Million
- Audit Finds Problems with Agencies IT
- Mental Health Institutes Closed
- Audit Criticizes Iowa Agencies Over Spending
- Inmates Practiced Escape Before Breakout
- Macy's Latest to Cut Ties With Trump
- Court Orders Man to Stop Living in Tent
- Area Fireworks Schedule
- U.S. & Cuba to Reopen Embassies
- Combining Wine and Yoga
- Lucky's Open in IC
- Waterloo PPEL Passes, CF School Bond Fails
- City Raffling Off Chance to Taser City Leader
- U.S. and Cuba Open Embassies
- U.S. Markets Higher on Hope for Greece
- OK Court Rules on Ten Commandments
- Scott Walker Leads GOP Field in Iowa
- Corridor Soccer At Fever Pitch USA
- SC AME Church on Fire
- Wildfire Rips Through Washington State
- Greece Defaults on IMF Loan
- 'Love In' Event Draws Community Together
- Disaster Declaration for 18 Iowa Counties
- Red Cedar Lodge Could Be Replaced
- Charges Abroad Only Option for Justice
- Cash Needed if Traveling to Greece
- Siri Gets Snarky
- IC Summer Park Program
- Newest Butter Creation at the Iowa State Fair
- New Laws Take Effect Wednesday
- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
One Man Dead After Early Morning Stabbing in Des Moines
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Des Moines police says one person died and another was injured in an early morning stabbing.
Police were called at 3:27 a.m. to an intersection on the city's eastside.
Officers and medics found two victims and both were rushed to a hospital, where one was pronounced dead. The other person underwent surgery and is expected to recover.
Police closed a section of University Avenue during the investigation.
Sgt. Jason Halifax says no one has been arrested, but investigators don't believe the stabbing was random.
Their identities were not released until the victims' relatives could be notified.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.