- Youth Programs Try to Reach the Masses
- Women Shelter Opening in Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Breakthrough in Iowa Hot Lotto Case
- Voices of Diversity: West Branch HS First Female Football Player
- A Good 'Season' to Join Yoga Studio
- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
New Johnson Co Mandatory Evacuations
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Johnson County Emergency Management officials announced new mandatory and voluntary evacuations of rural parts of the county Saturday afternoon.
Mandatory evacuation orders have been issues for Sand Road SE between 560th Street and Highway 22. Lola Lane SE and two properties on Tri County Bridge Road in far southern Johnson County are under mandatory evacuation order effective at 4:00 PM, today June 1. Notices of voluntary evacuation have been issued for Winter Eagle Road SE, River Bend Road SE and Fountain Court SE. It is expected that this area will be subject to mandatory evacuation by Sunday morning. Voluntary evacuation of Swan Lake Road NE has also been requested.
Sand Road in the area of the mandatory evacuation and Swan Lake Road NE have now been closed as well. Tri County Bridge Road at 660th Street has been closed.
River Front Estates NE and the area around Izaak Walton Road south of Iowa City remain under mandatory evacuation.
A complete listing of County road closures is available at www.johnson-county.com.