- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Quite a Journey for Shellsburg Family Car
- Clinton Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Chrome Horse Conversion Gains Support
- Details of Oregon Gunman's Death Revealed
- Clinton Flexes Muscles to GOP
- Clinton Gun Control Plans
Mobile Memorial Exhibit Visits Coral Ridge Mall
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 04:33 PM CDT
CORALVILLE, IA (CBS2/FOX28) – Erica Pasker and her husband Terry were planning to start a family when he returned home from his deployment in the Middle East.
“Then two years ago, on July 9th, Terry was killed in Afghanistan,” Erica said.
Now his picture is a part of the “Remembering Our Fallen” photo exhibit. It honors Terry and the more than 80 Iowans who have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, and those still serving.
“Not only the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice but also served their country, willing to give their sacrifice if necessary,” said Coralville Mayor Jim Fausett.
What’s extra special is how easy the exhibit is to find. It’s in the main entrance at the Scheels in the Coral Ridge Mall.
“I think it’s a wonderful place because of the traffic, the folks that go by,” said Representative David Loebsack.
“It’s kind of a weird place, but I think it’s actually really neat because it takes away that separation,” Pasker said.
The separation you might feel from more traditional memorials that aren’t in the middle of a store. This exhibit travels to you. It’s been on the road since May of 2011.
It also helps Erica know that her husband won’t be forgotten, “and remember that he was important and meaningful and that he did matter,” said Pasker.
Long after she can’t tell his story anymore.
The exhibit will be on display until Tuesday, July 23 and can be seen during normal store hours.