- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Juveniles Arrested in Violent Robbery
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
Middle East Violence Protests Erupt in Iowa
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
CAIRO, EGYPT (CBS2/FOX28) - Secretary of State John Kerry is back in Egypt after failing to get a cease-fire deal sorted out in the Middle East.
Meantime, overnight, the FAA lifted its ban on American flights into Israel’s main airport.
The ban had been in place for more than a day after a rocket hit very close to the Tel Aviv airport.
During the ban, Secretary Kerry flew to Cairo anyway in hopes of ending the 17-day conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.
He says even though a deal wasn't reached, he's hopeful.
Since Tuesday’s attack, Israeli’s have been pushing people to leave areas where the fighting is the worst.
And here at home, pro-Palestinian demonstrators in Iowa say some of those people can't leave that area.
Demonstrators gathered for a peace rally yesterday in Des Moines.
Hamas leaders have encouraged Palestinians to get out of the area, but many Palestinian families say they don't have anywhere to flee; centers that were set up to keep neighbors safe likes schools are *full and running out of supplies.
A protest of the violence is planned in Iowa City Thursday night at 5.