- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
Michele Bachmann Won't Seek Re-Election
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:27 PM CDT
MINNESOTA (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann, who launched her unsuccessful 2012 Presidential Bid in Waterloo, Iowa said today she won't seek a fifth term to Congress next year.
Backman made the announcement just six months after being re-elected in a narrow victory to a fourth term, and as an investigation is underway into her presidential campaign fund-raising activities.
Bachman made the announcement in a video on her campaign web site and via Twitter.
"I have decided next year I will not seek a fifth Congressional term," she said. "This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff."
The mid-western conservative made her announcement of the presidential bid in Waterloo.However, her campaign failed to catch fire in the large GOP presidential field in 2012 and ultimately the campaign ran out of money.
Bachmann came in sixth in the January, 2012 Iowa Caucuses despite campaigning heavily here, and she dropped out of the race the next day.
The announcement comes as the Office of Congressional Ethics looks into claims by Bachmann's former campaign aides that she may have improperly used money raised by one of her House-affiliated political action committees to hlep her presidential bid.