- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Iowa In Focus: Full Show 11-29-15
McDonald's Warns Customers "No Sagging"
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:31 AM CDT
DALLAS, TX (WFAA-TV) - If you plan to visit the Golden Arches, better bring a belt.
One local McDonald's franchisee with 25 locations around Dallas is
posting this warning in bold red-and-yellow: "No Sagging Allowed in This
McDonald's corporate headquarters declined to comment for this story.
"We basically in the neighborhood, we were first, said Loquita Record, who runs Record's Bar-B-Q in South Dallas.
Hanging in the front door of her 60-year-old restaurant is a sign reading: "If Saggin, No Service."
She said the warning has been there for two years.
Does it work? Do they have customers with sagging pants who come in and pull them up?
"Yes, we do, Record said.
For the last six years, pulling up sagging pants has been a personal
mission for Dallas City Council member Dwaine Caraway. He says Record's
BBQ and McDonald's are part of trend of other restaurants in southern
Dallas cracking down.
Caraway said the policy, is simply good for business and for hygiene.
"You can let some money chase away the real money, the long-term
money," he said. "And I'm sure McDonald's and other restaurants would
rather sell a hundred hamburgers versus five."
The local franchisee, Parish McDonald's, was not clear on when the signs were first posted, though they say they are not new.
For her part, Record said she like the statement the signs make: Please, show some respect around here.