- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- DSM Airport Suffers Blackout
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Quite a Journey for Shellsburg Family Car
- Clinton Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Chrome Horse Conversion Gains Support
- Details of Oregon Gunman's Death Revealed
- Clinton Flexes Muscles to GOP
- Clinton Gun Control Plans
- UI Research Has Worldwide Impact
- New UI President Plans Outreach Events
- House Conservatives Oppose McCarthy
- CR Man Charged After Police Chase
- Back Porch Revival Tickets on Sale Now
- Health Insurance Website Gets Overhaul
- Man Accused Hitting Person with SUV inside Home
- Results from Diversity Focus Survey
- Iowa City Plans to Study Minimum Wage
McDonald's Warns Customers "No Sagging"
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:31 AM CDT
DALLAS, TX (WFAA-TV) - If you plan to visit the Golden Arches, better bring a belt.
One local McDonald's franchisee with 25 locations around Dallas is
posting this warning in bold red-and-yellow: "No Sagging Allowed in This
McDonald's corporate headquarters declined to comment for this story.
"We basically in the neighborhood, we were first, said Loquita Record, who runs Record's Bar-B-Q in South Dallas.
Hanging in the front door of her 60-year-old restaurant is a sign reading: "If Saggin, No Service."
She said the warning has been there for two years.
Does it work? Do they have customers with sagging pants who come in and pull them up?
"Yes, we do, Record said.
For the last six years, pulling up sagging pants has been a personal
mission for Dallas City Council member Dwaine Caraway. He says Record's
BBQ and McDonald's are part of trend of other restaurants in southern
Dallas cracking down.
Caraway said the policy, is simply good for business and for hygiene.
"You can let some money chase away the real money, the long-term
money," he said. "And I'm sure McDonald's and other restaurants would
rather sell a hundred hamburgers versus five."
The local franchisee, Parish McDonald's, was not clear on when the signs were first posted, though they say they are not new.
For her part, Record said she like the statement the signs make: Please, show some respect around here.