- Marion Tables Nicotine-Free Parks Proposal
- Cause Of Deadly Fire Can't Be Determined
- Graphic 911 Call Released
- Conference Helps Women Network
- Harrison Ford Crash-Lands Small Plane in LA
- Evacuations Near Train Derailment
- CBJ Report: March 5th
- ICCSD Dine Out Night
- School Dog Comforts After Tragedy
- Mother Takes Stand in Frederiksen Trial
- Vigil Held for CR Immigrant
- Group Seeks Demolition Permit For Church
- Layoff Notices For Mental Health Workers
- Teacher Accused of Teaching While Drunk
- New Business and Net Neutrality
- Plane Skids Off Runway at LaGuardia Airport
- That One Cupcake Place
- Special Olympic Athlete Abuse
- Coralville Unveils RAGBRAI Theme
- Ringling Bros. Removing Elephant Act
- Iowans Could Lose ACA Subsidies
- Gun Bills Continue Advance in Des Moines
- Case Against IA Teacher Dismissed
- Clinton Asks Gov't to Release Emails
- Caring for a Croupy Cough
- UI Named in Worst Free Speech List
- Parents Fight Cyberbullying
- The Free Speech Debate At UI
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in CR Bank Robbery
- Engineers to Oversee Proposed Pipeline
- North Liberty Construction Begins
- Study Reveals More Health, Less Waste
- Dangerous Scam Unfolding on Phones
- Independence Seeks Fast Internet
- 100 Years of History at Coggon Opera House
- Mental Health Screenings at Schools
- Graphic Testimony in Frederiksen Trial
- House Panel OKs Ultrasound/Abortion Bill
- Appeal Filed In 'American Sniper' Case
- Woman Impaled During Car Crash
- Law Would Require Time Off To Caucus
- Senate Panel Approves Radon Rules
- DOJ Clears Wilson in Michael Brown Killing
- Man Found with Pound of Marijuana in Car
- UI Planning New Power Plant
- Target Plans Major Cuts
- New Police Body Cam Bill Introduced
- Man Charged in UVA Slaying Appears
- Trial for Tsarnaev to Begin Wednesday
- Lawmakers Working on Racial Profiling Bill
McDonald's Warns Customers "No Sagging"
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:31 AM CDT
DALLAS, TX (WFAA-TV) - If you plan to visit the Golden Arches, better bring a belt.
One local McDonald's franchisee with 25 locations around Dallas is
posting this warning in bold red-and-yellow: "No Sagging Allowed in This
McDonald's corporate headquarters declined to comment for this story.
"We basically in the neighborhood, we were first, said Loquita Record, who runs Record's Bar-B-Q in South Dallas.
Hanging in the front door of her 60-year-old restaurant is a sign reading: "If Saggin, No Service."
She said the warning has been there for two years.
Does it work? Do they have customers with sagging pants who come in and pull them up?
"Yes, we do, Record said.
For the last six years, pulling up sagging pants has been a personal
mission for Dallas City Council member Dwaine Caraway. He says Record's
BBQ and McDonald's are part of trend of other restaurants in southern
Dallas cracking down.
Caraway said the policy, is simply good for business and for hygiene.
"You can let some money chase away the real money, the long-term
money," he said. "And I'm sure McDonald's and other restaurants would
rather sell a hundred hamburgers versus five."
The local franchisee, Parish McDonald's, was not clear on when the signs were first posted, though they say they are not new.
For her part, Record said she like the statement the signs make: Please, show some respect around here.