- Waterloo Has Highest Jobless Rate for IA Metros
- Trevor Noah Named 'Daily Show' Host
- Fiorina Almost Ready to Run
- Going Meatless on Mondays
- Mandatory Age To Stop Driving
- Car Goes into Marshalltown House
- 1 Killed in Clayton County Crash
- 2 Killed in PA Plane Crash
- Air Canada Plane Skids Off Runway
- Zimmerman's BMW in Officer Involved Shooting
- Hwy. 30 Work to Begin
- Lawmakers Wish to Change Health Benefits
- CR Police Shoot Man at End of Chase
- UI Opens New Pediatric Clinic
- Boston Officer in Coma After Shooting
- Spring Break Turns Violent in FL
- Kittens Found Dumped in Trash Bin
- Pilots Inspire Girl Scouts To Fly
- 15th Annual Arc March in CR
- Farmers Asked to Breed No-Horn Cows
- 2 Iowa Farm Workers Hospitalized
- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
McDonald's Warns Customers "No Sagging"
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:31 AM CDT
DALLAS, TX (WFAA-TV) - If you plan to visit the Golden Arches, better bring a belt.
One local McDonald's franchisee with 25 locations around Dallas is
posting this warning in bold red-and-yellow: "No Sagging Allowed in This
McDonald's corporate headquarters declined to comment for this story.
"We basically in the neighborhood, we were first, said Loquita Record, who runs Record's Bar-B-Q in South Dallas.
Hanging in the front door of her 60-year-old restaurant is a sign reading: "If Saggin, No Service."
She said the warning has been there for two years.
Does it work? Do they have customers with sagging pants who come in and pull them up?
"Yes, we do, Record said.
For the last six years, pulling up sagging pants has been a personal
mission for Dallas City Council member Dwaine Caraway. He says Record's
BBQ and McDonald's are part of trend of other restaurants in southern
Dallas cracking down.
Caraway said the policy, is simply good for business and for hygiene.
"You can let some money chase away the real money, the long-term
money," he said. "And I'm sure McDonald's and other restaurants would
rather sell a hundred hamburgers versus five."
The local franchisee, Parish McDonald's, was not clear on when the signs were first posted, though they say they are not new.
For her part, Record said she like the statement the signs make: Please, show some respect around here.