- CR Nonprofit Trimming Services
- Proposed Whitewater Park in Waterloo
- Charges Dismissed in Port-a-potty Case
- U.S. Economy Posts "Solid" Growth
- Summer Snow in Wyoming
- 2016 Olympics Have Water Problem
- Drivers Pay for Rough Roads
- Fish-O-Rama Registration Open
- Corridor Unemployment Rate Decreases
- CR Ends Hiring Freeze, Will Hire Officers
- License Plate Readers Approved
- FBI Believes "AK-47 Bandit" Hit Mason City
- Hawkeyes Excited about Improvements
- Debris Similar from Plane to MH370 Found
- Planned Parenthood Funding
- Pell Grant Pilot Program
- IC City High Grad Fatally Shot by Police
- GOP Presses Planned Parenthood Aid Ban
- Bus Puts Brakes on Hunger in Corridor
- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
Man Accused of Threatening Roomate
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 11:41 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- Police say an eastern Iowa man threatened his roommate with a knife after trying to use a plate as weapon.
North Liberty police arrested 18-year-old Chad Sharkey Tuesday night after responding to a report about a fight in progress. Sharkey was found outside a residence and told police an argument with his roommate had turned physical.
Police say Sharkey punched his roommate in the face and attempted to break a plate to use as a weapon. He's accused of then threatening his roommate with a 3-inch pocket knife.
The roommate suffered swelling and pain to his left eye.
Sharkey faces charges of assault causing bodily injury and assault while displaying a weapon. Online records do not list an attorney.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.