- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- DSM Airport Suffers Blackout
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Quite a Journey for Shellsburg Family Car
- Clinton Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Chrome Horse Conversion Gains Support
- Details of Oregon Gunman's Death Revealed
- Clinton Flexes Muscles to GOP
- Clinton Gun Control Plans
- UI Research Has Worldwide Impact
- New UI President Plans Outreach Events
- House Conservatives Oppose McCarthy
Johnson County Issues Local Disaster Declaration
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:26 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY, IA - A Local Disaster Declaration has been signed by the Johnson County Board of Supervisors’ Chairperson Janelle Rettig and submitted to the Governor’s office through Johnson County Homeland Security and Emergency Management to the State of Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency.
The purpose of this declaration is to facilitate the use of State Resources from State Agencies to support any potential resource shortfalls at the local level throughout the County and its Municipalities. The local declaration is always the first step in the process to utilize resources controlled by the State of Iowa and its agencies.
In signing the Local Disaster Declaration, Rettig stated, "there has been flooding in various parts of Johnson County from both flash flooding and the Iowa River basin flooding, which is causing severe damage to public and private property. We expect the impacts of the flooding to continue in the coming days."
This is not a State or Federal Disaster Declaration but it is anticipated that the Governor’s office will add Johnson County to the list of Counties under the State Disaster Declaration issued today for other counties that are facing challenges with flash flooding, recent heavy rains and potential additional flooding.