- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Train Hits Semi in Alburnett
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
- Super PAC Formed for Scott Walker
- AAA Driving Habits Study
Johnson County Issues Local Disaster Declaration
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:26 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY, IA - A Local Disaster Declaration has been signed by the Johnson County Board of Supervisors’ Chairperson Janelle Rettig and submitted to the Governor’s office through Johnson County Homeland Security and Emergency Management to the State of Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency.
The purpose of this declaration is to facilitate the use of State Resources from State Agencies to support any potential resource shortfalls at the local level throughout the County and its Municipalities. The local declaration is always the first step in the process to utilize resources controlled by the State of Iowa and its agencies.
In signing the Local Disaster Declaration, Rettig stated, "there has been flooding in various parts of Johnson County from both flash flooding and the Iowa River basin flooding, which is causing severe damage to public and private property. We expect the impacts of the flooding to continue in the coming days."
This is not a State or Federal Disaster Declaration but it is anticipated that the Governor’s office will add Johnson County to the list of Counties under the State Disaster Declaration issued today for other counties that are facing challenges with flash flooding, recent heavy rains and potential additional flooding.