- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Hundreds Dead in Nepal Quake
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
Iowa Rodeo Clown Senteced to Prison for Drugs
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 06:14 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) --
A professional rodeo clown has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison for growing marijuana in rural Iowa for several years.
U.S. District Judge Linda Reade announced Thursday the sentence of 55-year-old Roy Meeks, of Marion. He was given a special assessment of $100.
Meeks, who worked as a rodeo clown and bullfighter in local and national rodeos, was convicted in March of one count of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana. He was acquitted on a second charge.
Prosecutors say Meeks conspired with others to plant marijuana along corn and soybean fields in secluded spots in Jones County. He is accused of tending the plants throughout the summer then harvesting and processing them.
Prosecutors say Meeks was involved in growing more than 1,000 marijuana plants between 2004 and 2011.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.