- Iowa City Police Investigate Dog Bite
- Jail Time Could be Eliminated in Dubuque
- Questions Raised Over Changes in Medicaid
- Heavy Rains Pound Texas
- Big GOP Names Meet in New Hampshire
- Weapons Investigation Leads to Arrests
- 1 Critically Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- CR City Worker Dies Following Crash
- 3 Stabbed in Hiawatha Mobile Home
- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
Iowa Officer Accidentally Shot Weapon
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:44 AM CDT
POLK COUNTY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - The Polk County Sheriff's Department says it was an accident when a deputy who shot his gun into a car.
Police video shows that the chase ended with a deputy firing his weapon.
On Sunday, officers chased down a car after another driver called 911 to report it was swerving and nearly hit other cars.
The driver didn't stop right away and when he finally did, officers got out of their car with their weapons drawn.
The deputy's gun went off right after that, hitting the passenger side door of the car, no one was hurt.
Investigators believe the driver of that vehicle 24-year-old Steven Schulte was having some kind of a medical emergency.
He was taken into custody and transported to the hospital.
It's unclear what actions, if any, will be taken against the reserve deputy who fired the shot.