- Omaha Officer Burial Today
- Student Art Tucked Away
- Menu Change Might Prevent Food Allergies
- 2 Injured in ATV Crash
- Iowa Boy Dies Playing Baseball
- CR Ultimate Gearing Up for Camp
- Pizza Hut, Taco Bell Going Natural
- Cortana Coming to Apple & Android Devices
- Charter Purchasing TWC
- Jon Stewart Helping Vets Enter TV
- CR Honors Family, Heroes for Memorial Day
- Weekend Weather Affecting Businesses
- Toddler Perseveres Through Amputation
- Summer of the Arts Volunteers Needed
- Airplane Threats Not Credible
- A Different Take on Memorial Day
- Wreath Laid at Arlington Nat'l Cemetery
- Pancakes Eaten to Support Troop 40
- Memorial Day Program Held in Cedar Rapids
- UPDATE: Body of Missing Man Found
- Repairs Continue on Belle Plaine Track
- Corridor Red Cross Volunteers Head to TX
- Bear Reportedly in Dubuque Area
- Threat Made Against International Flight
- 2 Inmates Escape Work Release
- Capitol Police Blow Up Pressure Cooker
- Memorial Build
- Sen. Grassley 16th Most Bipartisan
- Boater Missing on Mississippi
- 'A Beautiful Mind' Inspiration Killed
- What Memorial Day Means To You
- Iowa Renaissance Fest Draws Many
- IC Church Donates Free Fuel
- Veterans Making Holiday Travel Special
- ISIS Advances in Syria
- Oakland Demonstrators Defy Rule
- Protests Turn Violent in Cleveland
- Negotiations Continue on School Funding
- One Killed when Boat Rolls
- Ammonia Tanker Rolls in Cedar Rapids
- Storms Pound Texas
- Some Farmers Upset by Bird Flu Response
- CRPD Steps Up Enforcement
- Edible Forest Planted
- Highland Games Practice Held
- Residents Explore Trails
- Six Charged in Buchanan County
- Residents React To Train Derailment
- Running to Beat Skin Cancer
- Missouri Suspect Shot and Killed
Iowa Officer Accidentally Shot Weapon
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:44 AM CDT
POLK COUNTY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - The Polk County Sheriff's Department says it was an accident when a deputy who shot his gun into a car.
Police video shows that the chase ended with a deputy firing his weapon.
On Sunday, officers chased down a car after another driver called 911 to report it was swerving and nearly hit other cars.
The driver didn't stop right away and when he finally did, officers got out of their car with their weapons drawn.
The deputy's gun went off right after that, hitting the passenger side door of the car, no one was hurt.
Investigators believe the driver of that vehicle 24-year-old Steven Schulte was having some kind of a medical emergency.
He was taken into custody and transported to the hospital.
It's unclear what actions, if any, will be taken against the reserve deputy who fired the shot.