- Fish-O-Rama Registration Open
- Corridor Unemployment Rate Decreases
- CR Ends Hiring Freeze, Will Hire Officers
- License Plate Readers Approved
- Plane Debris Matches Model of MH370
- FBI Believes "AK-47 Bandit" Hit Mason City
- Hawkeyes Excited about Improvements
- Debris Similar from Plane to MH370 Found
- Planned Parenthood Funding
- Pell Grant Pilot Program
- IC City High Grad Fatally Shot by Police
- GOP Presses Planned Parenthood Aid Ban
- Bus Puts Brakes on Hunger in Corridor
- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
Iowa Man Falls Off Boat, Floats Down Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:12 PM CDT
TIPTON, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say an eastern Iowa man was able to get to shore after falling off his boat and floating down the Cedar River.
The state Department of Natural Resources says authorities were contacted before 1 a.m. Sunday about a man yelling for help and blowing an air horn as he clung to his 16-foot boat near the Cedar Valley access on the Cedar River southwest of Tipton.
Authorities say they spotted 35-year-old Trent Wright, of West Branch, clinging to the boat but later lost sight of him.
Wright, who was not wearing a life jacket, was found downstream on a river bank at about 3 a.m. He showed signs of hypothermia and was transported to an Iowa City hospital. He was later released.
Wright's boat was also recovered downstream.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.