- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements Expected in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
Iowa Man Falls Off Boat, Floats Down Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:12 PM CDT
TIPTON, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say an eastern Iowa man was able to get to shore after falling off his boat and floating down the Cedar River.
The state Department of Natural Resources says authorities were contacted before 1 a.m. Sunday about a man yelling for help and blowing an air horn as he clung to his 16-foot boat near the Cedar Valley access on the Cedar River southwest of Tipton.
Authorities say they spotted 35-year-old Trent Wright, of West Branch, clinging to the boat but later lost sight of him.
Wright, who was not wearing a life jacket, was found downstream on a river bank at about 3 a.m. He showed signs of hypothermia and was transported to an Iowa City hospital. He was later released.
Wright's boat was also recovered downstream.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.