- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
Iowa Man Faces Federal Charges in Shooting
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 10:50 PM CDT
DECORAH, Iowa (AP) -- A northern Iowa man accused of shooting at a group of people last year now faces federal gun charges in the case.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports a criminal complaint against 24-year-old Daniel Wildman, of Cresco, was filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids. It says Wildman was prohibited from possessing a firearm during the October incident because of his criminal history.
Wildman is accused of discharging a 12-gauge shotgun at several people exiting a car in downtown Calmar. He faces three counts of attempted murder, among other charges.
The newspaper reports trial for those charges was set to begin Wednesday in Winneshiek County District Court, but they were expected to be dismissed due to the federal charges.
Wildman says he fired the gun to scare someone.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.