- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
- Activists Block Ship by Hanging Off Bridge
- Fight Night in Cedar Rapids
- Magician Can't Use Doves at State Fair
- Board of Regents Hires COO
- CR Nonprofit Trimming Services
- Proposed Whitewater Park in Waterloo
- Charges Dismissed in Port-a-potty Case
- U.S. Economy Posts "Solid" Growth
- Summer Snow in Wyoming
- 2016 Olympics Have Water Problem
- Drivers Pay for Rough Roads
- Fish-O-Rama Registration Open
- Corridor Unemployment Rate Decreases
- CR Ends Hiring Freeze, Will Hire Officers
- License Plate Readers Approved
- FBI Believes "AK-47 Bandit" Hit Mason City
- Hawkeyes Excited about Improvements
- Debris Similar from Plane to MH370 Found
- Planned Parenthood Funding
- Pell Grant Pilot Program
- IC City High Grad Fatally Shot by Police
- GOP Presses Planned Parenthood Aid Ban
- Bus Puts Brakes on Hunger in Corridor
- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
Iowa Man Faces Federal Charges in Shooting
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 10:50 PM CDT
DECORAH, Iowa (AP) -- A northern Iowa man accused of shooting at a group of people last year now faces federal gun charges in the case.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports a criminal complaint against 24-year-old Daniel Wildman, of Cresco, was filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids. It says Wildman was prohibited from possessing a firearm during the October incident because of his criminal history.
Wildman is accused of discharging a 12-gauge shotgun at several people exiting a car in downtown Calmar. He faces three counts of attempted murder, among other charges.
The newspaper reports trial for those charges was set to begin Wednesday in Winneshiek County District Court, but they were expected to be dismissed due to the federal charges.
Wildman says he fired the gun to scare someone.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.