- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
- After Dave, What's Next for Late Night?
- Crowded Stage Expected for GOP Debates
- Police Officer Killed in Omaha
- Oil Spill Continues to Spread
- Lawmakers Spar over Education Funding
- RAGBRAI Volunteers Needed in Hiawatha
- Healthcare Experts Discourage Co-Sleeping
- Teen Faces Felony Charges for Stabbing
- CFRD Fight Fire at Paper Mill
- Looking Back at a Late Night Legend
- SPECIAL REPORT: Hope for Maggie
- Building Change to Improve Downtown IC
Iowa Man Faces Federal Charges in Shooting
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 10:50 PM CDT
DECORAH, Iowa (AP) -- A northern Iowa man accused of shooting at a group of people last year now faces federal gun charges in the case.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports a criminal complaint against 24-year-old Daniel Wildman, of Cresco, was filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Cedar Rapids. It says Wildman was prohibited from possessing a firearm during the October incident because of his criminal history.
Wildman is accused of discharging a 12-gauge shotgun at several people exiting a car in downtown Calmar. He faces three counts of attempted murder, among other charges.
The newspaper reports trial for those charges was set to begin Wednesday in Winneshiek County District Court, but they were expected to be dismissed due to the federal charges.
Wildman says he fired the gun to scare someone.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.