- Panel To Make Changes To Broadband Bill
- Eminent Domain Bill Moving Forward
- Inside the Storm: Hooker, OK
- Waterloo Bans Roadside Memorials
- Manus Acquitted on One Charge
- Destination Unknown Meets the Public
- Free Anxiety, Depression Screenings
- CRFD Reports Theft
- Iowa to Hold DNC Primary Debate
- Mike Huckabee Enters 2016 Race
- Gov. Pushing Anti-Bullying Bill
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for TX Attack
- Conviction in Waterloo Robbery
- Farmers Make Planting Progress
- Calls Increase To Crisis Center
- Fired Park Official Says She's A Scapegoat
- Conditions Enable IA Farmers To Plant Corn
- UI Wrestlers Charged In Burglaries
- Official Says She'll Help with Labor Dispute
- Iowa Ranked 6th in Kids in Foster Care
- Inside the Storm: A Very Wet "Dry Run"
- Dinosaur Death Discovery
- Coralville Intermodal Facility to Open in July
- Inside the Storm: Topeka, KS
- Four More Iowa Farms Have Bird Flu
- Inside The Storm: Horton, Kansas
- Fired Parks Official Files Lawsuit
- Toddler Battles Cancer, Parents Reach Out
- Iowa Craft Brew Festival Scheduled
- Police: Shooting Reports Not Accurate
- Dogs Turn out for Costume Contest
- IA Paying $7M More in Prison Dispute
- Iowa City Police Investigate Shooting
- IA HIV Diagnoses Fall
- Carly Fiorina Enters 2016 Race
- Inside the Storm Heads to NW Missouri
- Waterloo Officials Building Bridges
- Royal Baby Has a Name
- Free Prevenative Screenings
- FBI Investigating TX Shooting
- Riots in Israel
- School Boundary Listening Post
- Drive-By Reported in Waterloo
- District Could Hire Agency to Staff Schools
- NE Iowa Prone to Violent Tornadoes
- March, Rally Held in Cedar Rapids
- IC Homes Prepare to Welcome Residents
- The First Woman In The White House
- Ben Carson Announces His Run for President
- Cedar Rapids Man Goes Back to Liberia
Iowa Egg Farm Settles
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 09:53 PM CDT
The Iowa egg producers blamed for a 2010 salmonella outbreak have settled a lawsuit brought by a California cooperative that lost profits as a result of the product recalls.
Quality Egg and Hillandale Farms reached the settlement last week with NuCal Foods, Inc., to end three years of litigation in federal court in California.
Financial terms weren't released.
Quality Egg was owned by Jack DeCoster, who had a history of food safety, labor and environmental violations. Hillandale Farms received chickens and feed from DeCoster's operations.
The companies issued recalls covering 550 million eggs in 2010. Thousands of customers were sickened by the outbreak.
NuCal contended the companies were aware their farms and chickens were contaminated with salmonella but kept selling tainted eggs anyway. Its attorney declined comment on the settlement.