- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- Iowa Leads Nebraska after 1st Half
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- UPDATE: 3 Officers Shot at Planned Parenthood
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
- Local Drive Addresses Veteran Homelessness
- Staying Safe this Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Meal Feeds 400
- Food for Pets on Thanksgiving
- Election Winner Refuses Seat
- Special Report: Thanksgiving Cell Phone Manners
- Tail Waggin' Wednesday
- Lawyers Fight Request to Move Hicks Trial
- Personal Income Increases in October
- Man Charged After Joking of Shooting
- Shots Fired in Cedar Rapids
- Charges Filed in UI Hawk Alerts
- Three Recovering after Central City Fire
- JUST IN: Clinton Keeps Lead In Iowa
- Pope Makes First Journey to Africa
- Brussels Gets Back to Normal
- Airstrikes Hit Convoy Near Turkey Border
- Five Protesters Shot in Minneapolis
- Video of Officer Killing Teen Released
Iowa Egg Farm Settles
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 09:53 PM CDT
The Iowa egg producers blamed for a 2010 salmonella outbreak have settled a lawsuit brought by a California cooperative that lost profits as a result of the product recalls.
Quality Egg and Hillandale Farms reached the settlement last week with NuCal Foods, Inc., to end three years of litigation in federal court in California.
Financial terms weren't released.
Quality Egg was owned by Jack DeCoster, who had a history of food safety, labor and environmental violations. Hillandale Farms received chickens and feed from DeCoster's operations.
The companies issued recalls covering 550 million eggs in 2010. Thousands of customers were sickened by the outbreak.
NuCal contended the companies were aware their farms and chickens were contaminated with salmonella but kept selling tainted eggs anyway. Its attorney declined comment on the settlement.