- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In DBQ Murder
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
IC Police Make Robbery Arrests
Updated: Wednesday, July 17 2013, 01:45 PM CDT
IOWA CITY -- On Monday July 15, 2013, at 11:12 p.m. Officers responded to 321 N. Johnson St. #6 for a report of a robbery. An adult male victim reported that a female knocked on the door of his residence. When he opened the door two black males pushed the door open, one displaying a handgun. The victim was pushed to the ground and struck twice in the head with the handgun. The victim sustained non-life threatening injuries. He was then held at gunpoint while other suspects stole items valued over $2,000.00 from his apartment.
Witnesses saw a group of black individuals run out of the apartment building at 321 N. Johnson St. and get into a large white sport utility vehicle around the time of the robbery. Iowa City and University Heights Officers located a vehicle matching this description and made contact with its two occupants. Further investigation determined their involvement in the robbery.
As the investigation continued three other suspects were identified. Efforts to locate them were initiated and resulted in two being located and taken into custody without incident by Iowa City and Coralville Officers on First Avenue in Coralville.
The following subjects have been charged with 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony):
29-year-old Alajuwon Shamar Johnson of Iowa City
23-year-old Evelyn Maribel Chinchilla of Iowa City
28-year-old Humberto Fabian Iniguez of Iowa City
30-year-old Lucas Lorenzo House of Coralville
They are currently being held at the Johnson County Jail.
A fifth subject, 31-year-old Christopher William Kelly of Iowa City, remains at large. Warrants for 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) have been issued for his arrest.
Christopher Kelly is considered armed and dangerous. An image of him is included in this release.
Iowa City Area CrimeStoppers is offering a reward of up to $1000 for information leading to the arrest of this suspect. Anyone with information about this crime or the whereabouts of Christopher Kelly is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at 358-TIPS (8477). All calls are held in strict confidence and anonymity is guaranteed. Individuals providing information do not have to reveal their identity to collect a reward.