- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Train Hits Semi in Alburnett
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
- Super PAC Formed for Scott Walker
- AAA Driving Habits Study
Fresh Market Hiring
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPDIS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) – Cedar Rapids saw a slight increase in its unemployment rate in the summer months of 2014. From May 2014 to July of 2014, the unemployment percentage increased about .4%. The increase, according to reports from Iowa Workforce Development, from June to July was .1%.
In Iowa City, Workforce Development reported an increase in the unemployment rate of .6% from May to July. As in Cedar Rapids, the area saw a .1% increase in unemployment from June to July. The rate was 3.0% in May, 3.5% in June, 3.6% in July.
At the same time that the area saw a slight increase in unemployment, new employers are bringing new opportunities to the Corridor. On Wednesday, August 20th from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., The Fresh Market, a new gourmet grocery store in Cedar Rapids, held interviews for new workers. The store plans to hire 90 new workers from assistant deli managers, to folks for the grocery, coffee, cheese, floral, meat and seafood departments.
The interviews were held at the Best Western on Twixt Town Road.
To review the open positions, apply online at http://careers.thefreshmarket.com/