- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
Fresh Market Hiring
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPDIS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) – Cedar Rapids saw a slight increase in its unemployment rate in the summer months of 2014. From May 2014 to July of 2014, the unemployment percentage increased about .4%. The increase, according to reports from Iowa Workforce Development, from June to July was .1%.
In Iowa City, Workforce Development reported an increase in the unemployment rate of .6% from May to July. As in Cedar Rapids, the area saw a .1% increase in unemployment from June to July. The rate was 3.0% in May, 3.5% in June, 3.6% in July.
At the same time that the area saw a slight increase in unemployment, new employers are bringing new opportunities to the Corridor. On Wednesday, August 20th from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., The Fresh Market, a new gourmet grocery store in Cedar Rapids, held interviews for new workers. The store plans to hire 90 new workers from assistant deli managers, to folks for the grocery, coffee, cheese, floral, meat and seafood departments.
The interviews were held at the Best Western on Twixt Town Road.
To review the open positions, apply online at http://careers.thefreshmarket.com/