- Youth Programs Try to Reach the Masses
- Women Shelter Opening in Cedar Rapids
- Eastern Iowa OT Scores
- Breakthrough in Iowa Hot Lotto Case
- Voices of Diversity: West Branch HS First Female Football Player
- A Good 'Season' to Join Yoga Studio
- Man Guilty in Pipe Dreamz Case
- Former IA Teacher Charged in Sex Case
- IA Judge to Rule on Oil Pipeline
- UI and UNI Top for Employer Value
- Judge to Rule on Mental Health Closings
- IC Based Fraternity Involved in AZ Shooting
- Body Cam Forum Addresses Privacy Issues
- Former Officer Turns Himself In
- Flights Diverted After DSM Airport Blackout
- Waterloo Worker Injured in Trench Collapse
- Fatal Shooting at AZ College
- Your Voice, Your Future Townhall: Connects Against Crime
- Oxford Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations
- UI Sexual Assault Report Increase
- Standlee Pleads Not Guilty
- Fire Happened "In the Blink of an Eye"
- Missing Cobra Found
- Hajj Death Toll Skyrockets
- Gov. Branstad Visits Marion
- JOCO Health Officials Draft Report
- Selena Gomez Battling Lupus
- McCarthy Withdraws from GOP Speaker Race
- North Liberty Company Expanding
- France Train Hero Stabbed in CA
- Iowa Fashion Project Launch Party at FilmScene
- Fugitive With Ties to Iowa on the Run
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Carly Fiorina on Russia, Putin and other Republicans
- Privatizing Medicaid Savings Estimated
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate John Kasich on Syria, Russia and ACA
- No-kill Shelter Raffling off Gun
- Prison Officials Considering Tech Upgrades
- Dems Preparing Legislation to Curb Guns
- Clinton Turns Benghazi Ad To Her Side
- Coast Guard Ends Search For Crew
- Charges Filed After SUV Hits Home
- Fill the Boot Check Presentation
- Mayflower Hall Brings Back IOWA Tradition
- Iowa's Best Tasting Water Is In...
- Increase in Population, Increase in Violence?
- Iowa City Music Tradition Uncertain Future
- Created in the Corridor: Light Awake
- RAYGUN Coming to Cedar Rapids
- Trump in Waterloo
- Tronca Sentenced to Life in Prison
Fresh Market Hiring
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPDIS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) – Cedar Rapids saw a slight increase in its unemployment rate in the summer months of 2014. From May 2014 to July of 2014, the unemployment percentage increased about .4%. The increase, according to reports from Iowa Workforce Development, from June to July was .1%.
In Iowa City, Workforce Development reported an increase in the unemployment rate of .6% from May to July. As in Cedar Rapids, the area saw a .1% increase in unemployment from June to July. The rate was 3.0% in May, 3.5% in June, 3.6% in July.
At the same time that the area saw a slight increase in unemployment, new employers are bringing new opportunities to the Corridor. On Wednesday, August 20th from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., The Fresh Market, a new gourmet grocery store in Cedar Rapids, held interviews for new workers. The store plans to hire 90 new workers from assistant deli managers, to folks for the grocery, coffee, cheese, floral, meat and seafood departments.
The interviews were held at the Best Western on Twixt Town Road.
To review the open positions, apply online at http://careers.thefreshmarket.com/