- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
- Robillard Hopes for Smooth Transition
- Volunteers Clean Wapsi River
- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
Former Iowa Teacher Going to Prison for Sexual Exploitation
Updated: Friday, May 31 2013, 05:35 PM CDT
BLOOMFIELD, Iowa (AP) --
A former teacher convicted of sexual exploitation of a student has been sentenced to prison for five years.
Ryan Grinstead, who was a math teacher at Davis County High School in Bloomfield, entered an agreement Wednesday to plead guilty to two counts of sexual exploitation of a student. He also was initially charged with lascivious conduct with a minor and third-degree sexual abuse.
The Ottumwa Courier reports (http://bit.ly/16vAo44 ) police allege Grinstead engaged in sex with a high school senior in 2009 while employed as a teacher. Another incident involving a younger girl occurred in 2008.
Grinstead, who is 26, was arrested in September 2011.
His sentence requires him to register as a sex offender and orders no contact with the victims at least until May 2018.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.