- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Dubuque Police Investigate Death
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
Floodwaters Strand Couple
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 10:29 AM CDT
LE MARS, Iowa (AP) -- A northwest Iowa couple have been rescued from their home after it was surrounded by rising floodwater from a nearby creek.
Stephanie Luecke says she and her husband, Ray, had never seen Willow Creek rise so quickly near their home off Iowa Highway 3 on the northeast side of Le Mars. She says the water "surrounded us like an island."
Water was creeping up the front porch by the time rescue workers arrived at 12:30 p.m. Monday.
The Lueckes expect to spend three days at a nearby motel but don't know what they'll do next. Stephanie Luecke says she and her husband are wondering what they'd done "to deserve this."
Officials say Le Mars got nearly 4 1/4 inches of rain over the weekend.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.