- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
Floodwater Cancels Waterskiing Event
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 09:40 AM CDT
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) -- Organizers of My Waterloo Days have canceled a popular waterskiing show because of high water in the Cedar River and muck left behind by flooding.
Janelle Darst, the event's executive director says the show that had been planned for Sunday can't be held because the river is too high and the current is too fast. Although water has receded, there also isn't time to clear away mud and debris from Cedar River Park, where people watch the show.
Event organizers say they will move dragon boat races to Riverview Recreation Area.
Hot air balloons and other events are proceeding as planned.
My Waterloo Days began Thursday and continues through Sunday.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.