- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
Floodwater Cancels Waterskiing Event
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 09:40 AM CDT
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) -- Organizers of My Waterloo Days have canceled a popular waterskiing show because of high water in the Cedar River and muck left behind by flooding.
Janelle Darst, the event's executive director says the show that had been planned for Sunday can't be held because the river is too high and the current is too fast. Although water has receded, there also isn't time to clear away mud and debris from Cedar River Park, where people watch the show.
Event organizers say they will move dragon boat races to Riverview Recreation Area.
Hot air balloons and other events are proceeding as planned.
My Waterloo Days began Thursday and continues through Sunday.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.