- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
- The Trick That Helps Old Dogs
- 3 Arrests After Bank Robbery
- Wanted Coralville Lawyer Arrested
- Kitten Abuse Sentencing Set
- Fmr. Teacher Sexual Abuse Trial Set
- U.S. Operation Kills Terror Hostages
Floodwater Cancels Waterskiing Event
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 09:40 AM CDT
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) -- Organizers of My Waterloo Days have canceled a popular waterskiing show because of high water in the Cedar River and muck left behind by flooding.
Janelle Darst, the event's executive director says the show that had been planned for Sunday can't be held because the river is too high and the current is too fast. Although water has receded, there also isn't time to clear away mud and debris from Cedar River Park, where people watch the show.
Event organizers say they will move dragon boat races to Riverview Recreation Area.
Hot air balloons and other events are proceeding as planned.
My Waterloo Days began Thursday and continues through Sunday.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.