- New Images of the Universe
- Iowa Revenue Projections Down
- IC Animal Services Looking for Dog
- Trump to Host "Saturday Night Live"
- Democratic Debate Watch Parties
- Planned Parenthood to Cover Cost of Fetal Tissue Programs
- Harreld Writes Letter to UI Community
- Union: Controller Shortage a Crisis
- 4k Camera Tested on ISS
- ISU Fee for International Students
- Playboy Putting It On, Ending Nudity
- Esquire Names Sexiest Woman Alive
- How to Tip Your Hair Stylist
- Fires Blacken Farm Fields in Iowa
- 2 Firefighters Die in Kansas City Blaze
- Inmate Serving Forgery Sentence Dies
- Tyler Sash Cause of Death
- Perkins Expiration puts Pressure on Schools
- Truck Slams Into Municipal Buidling
- Iowa Tourism Outpaces National Average
- Paul Iowa Aides Trial Begins Tuesday
- Pella Corp. CEO Quits
- Church Sentenced for CF Officer Assault
- Swisher Rejects County Minimum Wage Plan
- Metro Gathers for Marching Band Classic
- CR Woman Shaken by BB Gun Damage
- Swisher Weighs In on Minimum Wage
- CASA Asks for Volunteers to Fill Demand
- Rumored Threat Against IC West High
- Authorities Investigating Anamosa Fire
- Washington High School to Mark Repairs
- Woman Leaps After Apartment Fire
- Governor Brown Bans Redskins Name
- Quaid Held on Fugitive Charges
- WineStyles Tasting Station to Open in CR
- Anheuser-Busch InBev Raises Bid
- Rand Paul Cancelling 2 Iowa Events
- Haunted House Requires Waiver
- Wash. Post Reporter Convicted in Iran
- Trump Faces Tough Questions at NH Event
- GOP Consultant has Cancer
- IA Lawmaker Passes Away
- Vestereheim Norwegian-American Museum
- Hy-Vee Offers Grocery Shopping Online
- Nebraska Faculty Stand behind UI
- Police Removed From Assange Watch
- Cedar Falls Optometrist Suspended
- New Farmers and Ranchers Receive Grants
- American POWs Visit Japan
- RAW: Cornell College Professor Hans Hassell talks the Speaker of the House Race and Donald Trump's fall from grace
Family of Murder Suspect Seeks Privacy
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:52 PM CDT
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) -- The family of a man charged in the 1994 killing of a 20-month-old boy has issued a statement expressing sympathy with the child's family and asking the media to respect its privacy.
The family of 37-year-old Michael Jason Cisneros issued the statement Tuesday.
Cisneros was charged with first-degree murder in the death of John Joseph Snyder Jr.
Cisneros' family expresses "our deepest and sincere sympathies" to Snyder's family.
The family says it's in shock about the arrest and asks reporters to not contact them. They ask that people allow "the justice system to run its course and render its judgment."
Cisneros is being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail under $500,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.