- Winneshiek County Gathers Info on Sand
- House Panel Approves Adoption Leave Bill
- UPDATE: Man Shot By Police Identified
- IA Senate Panel OKs Strip Search Bill
- Missing Cedar Rapids Man
- Stocks Surge on Spending Signs
- Branstad Seeks To Boost STEM Education
- 1 Killed in Incident at NSA
- New Empty IA Prison Records
- Efforts to Find Plane Crash Victims Continues
- Waterloo Has Highest Jobless Rate for IA Metros
- Trevor Noah Named 'Daily Show' Host
- Fiorina Almost Ready to Run
- Going Meatless on Mondays
- Mandatory Age To Stop Driving
- Car Goes into Marshalltown House
- 1 Killed in Clayton County Crash
- 2 Killed in PA Plane Crash
- Air Canada Plane Skids Off Runway
- BMW in Officer Involved Shooting
- Hwy. 30 Work to Begin
- Lawmakers Wish to Change Health Benefits
- UI Opens New Pediatric Clinic
- Boston Officer in Coma After Shooting
- Spring Break Turns Violent in FL
- Kittens Found Dumped in Trash Bin
- Pilots Inspire Girl Scouts To Fly
- 15th Annual Arc March in CR
- Farmers Asked to Breed No-Horn Cows
- 2 Iowa Farm Workers Hospitalized
- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
Family of Murder Suspect Seeks Privacy
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 07:52 PM CDT
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) -- The family of a man charged in the 1994 killing of a 20-month-old boy has issued a statement expressing sympathy with the child's family and asking the media to respect its privacy.
The family of 37-year-old Michael Jason Cisneros issued the statement Tuesday.
Cisneros was charged with first-degree murder in the death of John Joseph Snyder Jr.
Cisneros' family expresses "our deepest and sincere sympathies" to Snyder's family.
The family says it's in shock about the arrest and asks reporters to not contact them. They ask that people allow "the justice system to run its course and render its judgment."
Cisneros is being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail under $500,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.