- Ski Team Hits the Cedar River
- Cedar Boat Club Fireworks
- Sights and Sounds of Jazz Festival
- Palo Man Arrested for Stalking
- Veto Will Hurt Corridor School Budgets
- GoFundMe Created to Help Tornado Victims
- Coralville 4thFest
- Kayakers Rescued From Black Hawk Creek
- IA Man Guilty of Assaulting Officer
- Spring Into Action for Pets this July 4th
- Fancy Food Show: Foods of the Future
- Clinton Planning Eastern Iowa Visits
- LATEST: Thousands Rally in Greece
- IA School Getting Face Lift
- NBA Player Ames Grand Marshal
- Gov. Walker Announcement Coming
- New Trial For IC Man
- More Drugged Drivers on IA Roads
- Jazz Fest Underway in IC
- Lindsey Graham's Thoughts on Joe Biden
- Tanager Place Names New CEO
- Watch Out for Bed Bugs During Your Travels
- Class Action Traffic Cam Suit Thrown Out
- CBJ Report: July 2nd
- ACA Decision Hits the GOP Campaign Trail
- Gay Marriage Hits Campaign Trail
- Branstad Vetoes Funding Deals
- Senator Plans Trade Relations Trip to Cuba
- Tipton Turns 175
- History on the Move in Cedar Rapids
- First Measles Death Since 2003
- Ballplayer Wins Foul Ball Lawsuit
- Bird Flu: Govt. Monitoring Wild Birds
- 2 Your Finances: Greek Financial Crisis
- Branstad Still Mulling Education Bill
- Mall Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Judge Overturns Sexual Assault Conviction
- Church Opposes Chauncey Tower
- Johnson Co. Community ID Delayed
- Catholic Leaders Plea to Candidates
- BP to Pay $18.7B for 2010 Oil Spill
- UPDATE: No Shooting Found at Navy Yard
- POLL: Sanders Gaining Ground on Clinton
- Arrest Made in Baltimore CVS Fire
- DOJ Investigating Airlines
- Man Bit in Shark Attack
- Candidates Swarm to the State
- Celebratory Paddle Event At Cedar Lake
- Fireworks: Not Fun for Everyone
- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
Ducklings Cause Crash in Waterloo
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 02:59 PM CDT
WATERLOO, IA (AP) --Waterloo police say a motorist attempting to avoid some ducklings plowed into a van and flipped his own vehicle.
The accident happened Saturday morning when 17-year-old Juan Bolanos, of Mankato, Minn., swerved to miss a group of ducklings on U.S. Highway 218.
Police say Bolanos' sport utility vehicle pushed a van into the cement median. The SUV then rolled, coming to rest on its roof.
Bolanos wasn't injured but one passenger, 44-year-old Teresa Mendiola-Zamora, of Mankato, was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Medics treated another passenger for an elbow injury.
The driver of the van, 27-year-old Amanda Steege, of Cedar Falls, was taken to a local hospital.
Police cited Bolanos for failure to maintain control of his vehicles.
The ducklings were gathered up and moved.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.