- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
- After Dave, What's Next for Late Night?
- Crowded Stage Expected for GOP Debates
- Police Officer Killed in Omaha
- Oil Spill Continues to Spread
- Lawmakers Spar over Education Funding
- RAGBRAI Volunteers Needed in Hiawatha
- Healthcare Experts Discourage Co-Sleeping
- Teen Faces Felony Charges for Stabbing
- CFRD Fight Fire at Paper Mill
- Looking Back at a Late Night Legend
- SPECIAL REPORT: Hope for Maggie
- Building Change to Improve Downtown IC
Ducklings Cause Crash in Waterloo
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 02:59 PM CDT
WATERLOO, IA (AP) --Waterloo police say a motorist attempting to avoid some ducklings plowed into a van and flipped his own vehicle.
The accident happened Saturday morning when 17-year-old Juan Bolanos, of Mankato, Minn., swerved to miss a group of ducklings on U.S. Highway 218.
Police say Bolanos' sport utility vehicle pushed a van into the cement median. The SUV then rolled, coming to rest on its roof.
Bolanos wasn't injured but one passenger, 44-year-old Teresa Mendiola-Zamora, of Mankato, was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Medics treated another passenger for an elbow injury.
The driver of the van, 27-year-old Amanda Steege, of Cedar Falls, was taken to a local hospital.
Police cited Bolanos for failure to maintain control of his vehicles.
The ducklings were gathered up and moved.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.