- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
- The Trick That Helps Old Dogs
- 3 Arrests After Bank Robbery
- Wanted Coralville Lawyer Arrested
- Kitten Abuse Sentencing Set
- Fmr. Teacher Sexual Abuse Trial Set
- U.S. Operation Kills Terror Hostages
Ducklings Cause Crash in Waterloo
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 02:59 PM CDT
WATERLOO, IA (AP) --Waterloo police say a motorist attempting to avoid some ducklings plowed into a van and flipped his own vehicle.
The accident happened Saturday morning when 17-year-old Juan Bolanos, of Mankato, Minn., swerved to miss a group of ducklings on U.S. Highway 218.
Police say Bolanos' sport utility vehicle pushed a van into the cement median. The SUV then rolled, coming to rest on its roof.
Bolanos wasn't injured but one passenger, 44-year-old Teresa Mendiola-Zamora, of Mankato, was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Medics treated another passenger for an elbow injury.
The driver of the van, 27-year-old Amanda Steege, of Cedar Falls, was taken to a local hospital.
Police cited Bolanos for failure to maintain control of his vehicles.
The ducklings were gathered up and moved.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.