- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Wants Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
Deer Collision Injures Deputy
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 08:25 AM CDT
GLENWOOD, Iowa (AP) -- A 31-year-old sheriff's deputy has been injured in a crash that followed his cruiser's collision with a deer in western Iowa.
The Mills County Sheriff's Office says Deputy Joshua England suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident early Saturday morning.
England, of Glenwood, was on his way to help deputies with a pursuit in neighboring Pottawattamie County when his cruiser struck a deer a little after 12:10 a.m. The Iowa State Patrol says the cruiser went out of control and ran off the road.
England was taken to a hospital.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.