- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Kozak in Court
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
Cruise Passengers Recount Horror
Updated: Wednesday, July 23 2014, 09:50 PM CDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A California woman called for more protections for passengers on cruise lines as she recounted before Congress the assault she suffered during a trip aboard a cruise ship.
She told senators during a hearing Wednesday on Capitol Hill that she was choked and raped on a Royal Caribbean cruise by one of the line's employees.
She says that passengers have virtually no rights or protections.
Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia says her experience and other horror stories recounted at the hearing point to a lack of oversight and accountability for passenger safety in the cruise industry.
Rockefeller introduced a bill last year to improve protections for passengers on cruise ships. The hearing Wednesday was the second he has called to raise awareness of the issue.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.