- Funnel Friday Arrives
- Unemployment Falls to 5.5%
- Marion Tables Nicotine-Free Parks Proposal
- Cause Of Deadly Fire Can't Be Determined
- UPDATE: No Injuries in Train Derailment
- Graphic 911 Call Released
- Conference Helps Women Network
- Harrison Ford Crash-Lands Small Plane in LA
- CBJ Report: March 5th
- ICCSD Dine Out Night
- School Dog Comforts After Tragedy
- Mother Takes Stand in Frederiksen Trial
- Vigil Held for CR Immigrant
- Group Seeks Demolition Permit For Church
- Layoff Notices For Mental Health Workers
- Teacher Accused of Teaching While Drunk
- New Business and Net Neutrality
- Plane Skids Off Runway at LaGuardia Airport
- That One Cupcake Place
- Special Olympic Athlete Abuse
- Coralville Unveils RAGBRAI Theme
- Ringling Bros. Removing Elephant Act
- Iowans Could Lose ACA Subsidies
- Gun Bills Continue Advance in Des Moines
- Case Against IA Teacher Dismissed
- Clinton Asks Gov't to Release Emails
- Caring for a Croupy Cough
- UI Named in Worst Free Speech List
- Parents Fight Cyberbullying
- The Free Speech Debate At UI
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in CR Bank Robbery
- Engineers to Oversee Proposed Pipeline
- North Liberty Construction Begins
- Study Reveals More Health, Less Waste
- Dangerous Scam Unfolding on Phones
- Independence Seeks Fast Internet
- 100 Years of History at Coggon Opera House
- Mental Health Screenings at Schools
- Graphic Testimony in Frederiksen Trial
- House Panel OKs Ultrasound/Abortion Bill
- Appeal Filed In 'American Sniper' Case
- Woman Impaled During Car Crash
- Law Would Require Time Off To Caucus
- Senate Panel Approves Radon Rules
- DOJ Clears Wilson in Michael Brown Killing
- Man Found with Pound of Marijuana in Car
- UI Planning New Power Plant
- Target Plans Major Cuts
- New Police Body Cam Bill Introduced
- Man Charged in UVA Slaying Appears
Created in the Corridor: Infinity Contact
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 01:14 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Energy, excellence,execution; you can't go anywhere at Infinity Contact without seeing those three words printed on the walls, motivating and reminding
employees of the company's core values Created in the Corridor.
"The execution part of our business is everything we do for our clients so a big part of my responsibility is making sure we're executing daily," says Stephen Griggs who became president of Infinity Contact in 2005.
And by all accounts, he's doing a pretty good job. The company's 260-plus sales professionals in Cedar Rapids have grown annual revenue from $4 million to $22 million in eight years.
They specialize in business-to-business sales and work with clients who support many large manufacturers like General Motors and Honda.
"Each sales manager has a team of about 15-20 sales people with team leads," explains company founder Tom Leidigh as he gives CBS 2's Scott Sanborn a tour of the local facility. It's clear Leidigh is proud of his
employees, attributing Infinity Contact's success to their ownership of the company's learning environment. "There's lots of growth and we have to foster that type of environment to retain our people and give them a chance to advance in their career."
Infinity Contact is not just another call center. During hundreds-of-thousands of customer interactions for their clients every month, the company's sales teams build relationships."So we're providing back to our clients not just how many sales we had on a particular day," explains Griggs, "but why they bought, why they didn't buy, things that our clients don't necessarily know about their customers or prospects."
With roots in the automotive sector, Infinity Contact has since branched into the digital, financial and health care industries and recently opened another center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Boasts Leidigh, "We started with a team of about 15 people last October and we'll have close to 140 people buy the end of the year in that facility."
Infinity Contact's employees also give back. Last month they collected hundreds of pairs of shoes for a community project, and this month they contributed hundreds of pounds of food for the Freedom From Hunger food drive.
You can learn more about the company by visiting the News Links section of this website.