- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- Docs Indicate Murder a Random Act
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Highland CSD Faces Technology Problems
- Linn Co., Hobart Close on Mott Bldg.
- McDonald's To Serve All-Day Breakfast
- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Library Levy on November Ballot
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Companies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
Couple Gives $2 Million to Iowa College
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 04:23 PM CDT
WAVERLY, Iowa (AP) -- A Wisconsin couple is donating $2 million to a northeast Iowa college to endow a faculty position in the school's religion and philosophy department.
Mike and Marge McCoy, of Ellison Bay, Wis., made the donation to Wartburg College in Waverly.
The college announced the donation Wednesday, saying it was the largest non-estate gift by an individual donor or couple that Wartburg has ever received.
The gift will fund the Mike and Marge McCoy Family Distinguished Chair in Lutheran Heritage and Mission.
Officials say the money will help the college deepen its roots in the Lutheran spiritual and intellectual tradition.
The McCoys are parents of two Wartburg graduates.
The college of about 1,750 students is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.