- Bird Flu Affecting Egg Prices
- Remaining IC Cottages Demolished
- Fixing Financial Woes
- Strength in Numbers in Iowa City
- Cause of Train Derailment Released
- Unemployment Down in IA
- Preparing for Water Emergencies
- 19-Year-Old Gets 50 Years for Murder
- Serious Gap Remains in Des Moines
- Santorum Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Democrat O'Malley Coming to Iowa
- Seven Face Federal Gun Charges
- 'Field of Dreams' Rezoning Approved
- Prepping for Pride Month
- Escapee Caught
- Boating Accidents Rising
- Hot Topic Buying ThinkGeek
- FIFA Leaders Under Investigation
- CBS 2 HERO: Troy Musser
- Cedar Rapids Future Looks Bright
- City Passes Smulekoff's Building Proposal
- UIPD Officers Go Above and Beyond
- CR Student Heads to Special Olympics
- IA Teen Shows Pure Sportsmanship
- Relieving Student Loan Debt
- More Bird Flu Suspected
- Blue & BBQ Line-up Announced
- Suspect Named in Charity Burglary
- Saying Farewell to Dave Benton
- 750 Dead in India Heat Wave
- Missing Boater Found in Mississippi River
- Two Killed in North Dakota Shooting
- Iowans Attend Fallen Officer's Funeral
- IA Lawmakers Trying to Adjourn
- Student Art Tucked Away
- Menu Change Might Prevent Food Allergies
- 2 Injured in ATV Crash
- Omaha Officer Burial Today
- Iowa Boy Dies Playing Baseball
- CR Ultimate Gearing Up for Camp
- Pizza Hut, Taco Bell Going Natural
- Cortana Coming to Apple & Android Devices
- Charter Purchasing TWC
- Jon Stewart Helping Vets Enter TV
- CR Honors Family, Heroes for Memorial Day
- Weekend Weather Affecting Businesses
- Toddler Perseveres Through Amputation
- Summer of the Arts Volunteers Needed
- Airplane Threats Not Credible
- A Different Take on Memorial Day
Couple Gives $2 Million to Iowa College
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 04:23 PM CDT
WAVERLY, Iowa (AP) -- A Wisconsin couple is donating $2 million to a northeast Iowa college to endow a faculty position in the school's religion and philosophy department.
Mike and Marge McCoy, of Ellison Bay, Wis., made the donation to Wartburg College in Waverly.
The college announced the donation Wednesday, saying it was the largest non-estate gift by an individual donor or couple that Wartburg has ever received.
The gift will fund the Mike and Marge McCoy Family Distinguished Chair in Lutheran Heritage and Mission.
Officials say the money will help the college deepen its roots in the Lutheran spiritual and intellectual tradition.
The McCoys are parents of two Wartburg graduates.
The college of about 1,750 students is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.