- IC Group Coordinating Nepal Relief
- CONSUMER ALERT: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars
- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Prison Problem
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
Changes for UI and ISU Athletes
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:44 AM CDT
DES MOINES, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Big changes are coming for Iowa college athletes.
The Des Moines Register reports that starting august 1st players will be getting unlimited free food.
The NCAA is now allowing Division I schools to provide unlimited meals and snacks to all athletes.
Previously, athletes either got three meals a day, or a stipend, but now they'll be getting all the free food they want.
At Iowa, the athletics department estimates the cost will be more than half a million dollars per year, at ISU, they expect to spend about $400,000.
That money will come out of the athletics departments budgets.