- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Kozak in Court
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
Branstad Set to Name 2 New Regents on Tuesday
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 08:28 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad says he plans on naming two new members to the Iowa Board of Regents on Tuesday.
Branstad, speaking to reporters in Iowa City while touring flooded areas, says he's decided to name the new board members prior to Wednesday's meeting of the regents.
Earlier in the day Branstad indicated he'd be naming the new members within the next couple of weeks.
The Senate in April didn't give the appointments of Craig Lang and Robert Cramer the two-thirds majority required for their approval to the Board of Regents, a nine-member board that oversees Iowa's three public universities.
Branstad spokesman Tim Albrecht says Branstad finished interviewing Monday morning and made the decision to announce the appointments.
The board is scheduled to meet Wednesday in Iowa City.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.